Oncology health PR agency experiencepreferred but not required. We’d love to hear from you to discuss if you may be the right fit for our collaborative culture that rewards innovation and teamwork!
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams (in this case, to work on an oncology client), including working with senior members of the team to help oversee projects and provide client counsel.
- Develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences: third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials, including media correspondence, speaking abstracts, and marketing collateral.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience. Biotech, pharmaceutical or healthcare communications experience within an in-house team or communications agency is required.
- A thirst for knowledge, interest and desire to work in the ever-changing world of healthcare.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to demonstrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients
- Skilled at applied strategic thinking; anticipating issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for the client.
- Ability to translate clinical data and information into lay language.
- Proven understanding of media environment: healthcare trade, national, consumer, business, bylines, spokespersons.
- Ability to develop strategic outreach plans to external audiences: third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- A collaborative team member and team leader, with strong project management and problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively supervise and train junior-level account staff, provide quality control, determine workflow and assignments.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to develop and strategically direct the creation of press materials and communications plans.
- Demonstrated strategic media relations planning, with the ability to develop strong media pitch angles, lead pitch teams and pitch story ideas to reporters.
- Keen understanding of the role of digital media in integrated communications strategies.
- Strong client relationship skills and the ability to successfully represent FH and client companies to key stakeholders.