FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting Managing Supervisor to join our San Francisco corporate reputation practice. The position provides a fantastic opportunity for a media relations guru who thrives on jumping into media challenges to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on high-level national media relations, corporate positioning and reputation, executive communications, crisis situations, and issues management for a variety of national and global clients.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in the Bay area, FleishmanHillard San Francisco practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Creative Communications. Clients include EA, FitBit, Genentech, Kaiser Permanente, Bayer, Plantronics, Levis, and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Continually develop and maintain relationships with key national media and work alongside a team of experienced media practitioners to deliver banner media coverage as an individual and in support of team members.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and manage integrated corporate communications programs that encompass media and influencer relations, digital communications, social media strategy and mobile marketing.
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact and manage individual and team work streams on program implementation.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, work closely with national and online media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Develop high-quality written materials, including pitch letters, background materials, recommendation and planning documents, and executive communications.
- 7+ years of results-driven, media-focused experience in corporate communications, with a deep background developing and executing corporate reputation programs, including corporate positioning, business media relations and executive communications. Agency experience is a must and in-house experience is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of top-tier business media, and well-developed-skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, working alongside and managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic corporate communications programs within budget.
- Superior creative writing skills, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, position papers, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- A strong understanding of digital communications and social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, English, marketing, business or related field. Candidates who have previously worked as reporters, bloggers or editors, pleaseapply.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and best-in-service commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.