Be involved in projects with our Transit and Rail Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Managing Signal Engineer for our Philadelphia office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Detailed design of signal systems, both plans and specifications
- Experience with the following Train Control Systems:
- Communication Based Train Control (CBTC), Positive Train Control (PTC), Automatic Train Supervision (ATS), Automatic Train Protection (ATP), Automatic Train Operation (ATO), Solid State Interlocking (SSI), Cab Signaling and/or conventional signaling systems
- Vital and non-vital processor programming
- Develop and review designs and technical specifications
- Coordination of project designs with other disciplines including attendance at project meetings
- Review shop drawings, record changes and communicate directly with suppliers, contractors and client representatives as required
- Identify construction costs trending out of budget
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Minimum 15 years of experience of the design, construction, testing and commissioning of Train Control Systems and Equipment with a Transit Authority or Signaling Manufacturer
- Bachelors degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in Train Control System Design Management, Construction Management and/or Project Management
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Experience with train control systems for Light Rail, Heavy Rail, Commuter Rail, Mass Transit and High Speed Rail Projects
- 25 years of experience