Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
Reports to Field Director or AVP, Risk Control. Under limited supervision, manage a team of 3+ employees responsible for providing Risk Control service, reporting to either a AVP or Field Director. Manages work assignments for staff in assigned territory, completes performance reviews with input from FD or AVP, guides staff on skill development, and acts as Risk Control liaison to local business partners. May conduct risk assessment surveys at client locations and/or perform account service coordination duties. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Works actively with Business Partners in support of new business acquisition and account retention; works to understand the needs of the business and Risk Control's resource needs.
- Interacts with the AVP and peers in the region to support Risk Control initiatives across the region, as well as in support of local initiatives.
- Manages work assignments to assigned staff and leverages Specialists' involvement as necessary.
- Identifies technical development needs of staff and engages resources needed to support staff development.
- Conducts staff co-surveys and Quality Reviews; provides curbside coaching as appropriate. Works with appropriate Specialists, SMEs, mentor and/or Training Director to develop coaching plans for skill development.
- Manage, direct and provide oversight of Risk Control services to Large Commercial Accounts in the territory. Is expected to provide direct account management to selected Large Commercial Accounts in the territory.
- Actively works with internal business partners as a marketing partner with the Managing Director/Account Executive to support new business initiatives and growth.
- Develop and maintain relationships with agency and broker partners in support of local initiatives and marketing needs.
- Engage with Business Partners to understand their business plans and initiatives to ensure appropriate Risk Control resources and staffing.
- Interact with internal and external business partners to keep them abreast of RC resources, products and services.
- Attends and actively participates in local underwriting meetings as a pro-active member of the management team.
- May conduct risk assessment surveys at client locations to assist in underwriting and risk selection.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Undergraduate degree preferably in the areas of science, occupational safety and health, engineering or risk management required
- 5+ years Risk Control or related experience required
- Valid Driver's License required
Licensing or Certificates
- Graduate degree in a related field preferred
- Typically has a minimum of 7- 10 years' experience in Risk Control experience
- Preferred candidate has strong understanding and technical knowledge risk control principles for property and casualty lines of coverage
- Insurance carrier as well as limited supervisory experience is preferred though not required
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- CSP, GSP, ARM or similar certification desirable, but not required.
- Competency in performing risk assessments for Property, Workers Compensation, General Liability, Products Liability and Auto lines of business.
- Travel Requirements: Travel Frequently
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. Employment Practices
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences. If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.Employment Practices
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.