C&S is currently expanding our Railroad Engineering practice in New York. As part of this growth, we are planning to add a full time Managing Railroad Engineer. This position may be filled in any of our current offices located in Albany, Syracuse, Rochester or Buffalo.
We are looking for an individual with railroad bridge design, track layout, and project management experience. This position will require management of multiple projects at any one time. Experience with successfully completing projects is required. This position is design based; however, will require field visits and/or constructioninspection at times.
Minimum, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience leading design teams.
- Bridge Inspection and Load Rating experience.
- Thorough knowledge of bridge structural concepts and analysis using AREMA standards
- Independent and be able to progress a design with assistance.
- Manage project budgets and schedules.
- Prepare scope of services and design contracts.
- Market design services to clients and prepare proposals.
- Experience with STAAD and Virtis.
- Experience with MicroStation is a plus.
- Construction Inspection experience a plus.
- Must have strong written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in a professional and interdisciplinary team environment.
Minimum Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with structural emphasis from an accredited engineering program. Master’s degreepreferred but not required.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the design of new, and rehabilitation of, single and multi-span rail bridges and foundations, including truss bridges.
- Experience with New York State Department of Transportation and Locally Administered Federal Aid projects is required.
- New York State Professional Engineer Licensure.