About the Role
The Managing Producer- Commercial Insurance Division Leader is a dual role in this national insurance brokerage’s Greenville office, part of their Mid-Atlantic division. Every leader within the company is also a salesperson at heart, so 50% of your time will be spent individually producing new business. The other 50% is focused on spearheading initiatives that support growth and expansion of the entire Commercial P&C practice to include:
- Collaborate regularly with the Division Manager to achieve the commercial insurance practice’s goals and perform at a highly proficient level to achieve the quality standards developed by the agency.
- Recruit, hire, train and mentor the next generation of salespeople. Be a leader and mentor to ‘newbie’ producers who are learning the business and working towards validation.
- Support experienced producers with new sales; coordinate marketing and client service resources to ensure a high level of client retention.
- Work closely with marketing and account management leaders on workflows, operational strategy and the performance of the Commercial team. Promote communication within the office regarding carriers, coverages and program structure. Streamline or improve agency operating practices.
- Maintain proper level of communication and build effective relationships with clients, carriers and team members in the office, regionally, and nationally.
Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of successful sales as a retail insurance agency producer. Capable of continuing to bring in new revenue through your own originated clients
- Demonstrated leadership experience with prior work mentoring and developing other salespeople
Characteristics of person who can successfully manage dual sales and leadership responsibilities are:
- Capable of interpreting, organizing, and applying abstract information
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills; cooperates positively and provides information and guidance, as needed, to contribute to the business efforts of the agency
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities and perform in a dynamic, fast pace environment
- Communicates consistently and interacts with all levels of management, colleagues, carriers and clients
- Performs various administrative and other duties as directed by the Division Manager
- Is a positive and professional role model for team members
Compensation ($200k+ target first year comp) will be comprised of a base salary + variable commission plan accounting for your management duties as well as sales/book of business activity. Final numbers largely based on production estimates and any current book of business revenue that might transfer.