Starbucks architects guide the initiation, development, execution and governance of suitable segment and solution architectures for programs delivering capabilities like enabling new in-store digitalexperiences, providing our retail partners with innovative solutions and helping architect the next generation of retailtechnology solutions. Enterprise architects are accountable for the conversion of business need into architectures and designs that will become the blueprint for current and future solution delivery. As a member of the architecture community you will define and lead strategic platform modernization and transformation initiatives that target modernarchitectures and technology supporting the massive scalability, resiliency, and responsiveness required to grow and support all of Starbucks global operations while delivering beautiful user experiences.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Develops strategies, road maps and domain architectures for Starbucks Technology
- Lead in design and shape of programs across domains to introduce strategic technology transformation and change including assisting on development of business case
- Collaborates on the development of the Starbucks Technology strategic plans
- Assesses the value of emerging technologies by conducting opportunity assessments and implementing proof-of- concepts
- Leads all phases of enterprise architecture development in support of business objectives: defining scope, modeling systems, analyzing requirements and planning implementations
- Responsible for partner development, performance management, talent planning and resource planning.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results
- Provides business and functional subject matter expertise; provides consulting, guidance, and recommendations to programs and projects
- Researches and represents information technology within an applied business context.
- Collaborate with other architects and technical leaders across the organization to develop best practices
- Strong customer focus, and will be delivery driven and have the ability to keep a strategic focus
- Work with internal IP Owners develop new solutions and accelerators
- Advocate and user of Agile and collaborative working practices with expert knowledge of related tools and techniques
- Enjoy working in a transparent environment where employees are encouraged to be genuine, express themselves and have the confidence to present information and support their facts and opinions.
Summary of Experience
- Overall information technologyexperience12+ years
- People management experience 3+ years
- Systems and/or application development experience 10+ years
- Designing and implementing new technology proof-of-concepts 7+ years
- Enterprise architectureexperience 7+ years (TOGAF certification is desirable)
- Development of strategic architecture plans 5+ years
- Web and mobiledigitaltechnologyexperience 5+ years
- Integration technology and architectureexperience such as EAI, SOA, & Microservices 5+ years
- Customer facing architecture and application delivery experience 5+ years
- Information Technologyinfrastructureexperience 2+ years
- Experience in defining, designing, and execution of comprehensive Customer Experience Management solution architectures
- Solid experience as a solution architect/leader for large-scale SaaS/PaaS/IaaS initiatives
- Functional and Technical experience in Retail Industry and areas such as Point of Sale (POS), RetailInventory, Merchandising and Retail Order Management/Fulfillment.
- Familiarity with packaged software such as Oracle Retail, SAPRetail, Macromatics, or Oracle Micros Simphony.
- Experience in Content Management Systems, content delivery channels, Content DistributionNetworks and Retail in-store digitalexperiences.
- Strong understanding of data sovereignty laws and regulations
- Experience in driving transformation in retailtechnology
- Skilled facilitator, with the ability to effectively manage discussions toward outcomes and results
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability of approach and style to best meet the needs of the individual customer
- Ability to build and maintain influential working relationships at all levels and across the enterprise
- Capable of translating and presenting technical concepts into practical business terms for leaders both small and large group settings
- Capable of leading and collaborating with fellow technologist and project teams to deliver new architectures and technology solutions
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute modernization/transformation strategies that target modern compute capabilities
- Ability to evaluate and present advanced solutions and how to apply them to global and regional business needs in a manageable, cost effective, and timely manner
- Ability to set and communicate clear direction and performance standards and motivate teams to achieve technology objectives that are in support of business goals
- Proven leadership ability including coaching and support of team in order to achieve partners, business and customer results
- Ability to think in broad strategic terms for technology and business
- High level of flexibility and ability to persevere through periods of significant change and challenge in the business environment
- Ability to create unprecedented architecture solutions that require a high level of critical thinking, creativity and innovation.