11 - 15 years experience •
National law firm searching for a Managing Partner to help establish the San Antonio, Texas office. Firm attorneys can count on the support of a highly skilled team of business development, marketing, public relations and legal professionals with proven track records in the industry. This allows the attorneys to focus squarely on the practice of law while a highly skilled management team navigates the challenges of the business side of the law on their behalf. Competitive compensation for the work done and for the work brought in and performed.
Former or transitioning Judge Advocate attorneys with a strong emphasis on criminal and administrative separation, as well as PEB and MEB experience. Interested candidates will have had prior trial counsel, trial defense, legal assistance, and administrative lawexperience. In addition to strong writing skills, the applicant must be able to present and summarize cases, evaluate findings, develop strategies, gather evidence to formulate defense and ascertain the facts of a case.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
The Texas Managing Partner will:
- Craft and implement a recruiting and business development strategy for the San Antonio office;
- Provide regular reporting dealing with finances, management issues, and the implementation of business strategies as needed;
- Act as the firm representative, or ensures that an appropriate firm representative, is present at important community and bar events;
- Ensure that practice areas are running smoothly and that services are rendered in a professional, ethical, timely, and economic manner within the San Antonio office;
- Ensure the San Antonio office compliance with overall firm policies, procedures and compliance with ethical standards;
- Participate in the recruitment, interviewing, and on-boarding of new attorneys as needed.
- Juris Doctorate from a top tier law school preferred;
- Minimum of ten years of legal and client facing experience;
- Demonstrated aptitude and passion for leading a practice, to include the supervision and development of attorneys in an office or practice group;
- Must be a member of the bar, licensed to practice in good standing in any United States jurisdiction, Texas preferred.
- Intelligent, innovative, hard-working, mature individual with a proven track record and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated business acumen;
- Proactive in identifying problems and proposing and implementing solutions;
- Must possess excellent writing skills;
- Able to cultivate solid, productive working relationships with internal managers, staff, and peers, as well as partners and consultants, in order to facilitate collaboration towards identifying innovative solutions for a rapidly growing business;
- The desire and ability to be a part of and contribute to a team-oriented management culture;
- Exceptional relationship building and networking skills;
- Able to deliver results and execute independently with minimal direction.
Competitive compensation, employer matched 401(k), paid holidays, vacation and sick time a comprehensive benefits package to include six health insurance options, three dental plans, vision, life, short term and long term disability insurance, and a 24/7 concierge telemedicine service.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements for consideration.
POSTED BY SEARCH FIRM
All submissions are confidential.