The Managing Optometrist creates exceptional value in the lives of our patients by delivering and leading the execution of NECE. Understands and brings to life the behaviors that support our company’s mission, vision, and values. Partners with the Store Manager and Field Leadership Team to build and secure a safe and motivating work environment that encourages commitment, innovation, success, and continued growth for the organization.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conveys a 100% commitment to providing excellent Patient/Customer Service through delivering and leading the execution of NECE.
- Conducts all service in accordance with Clinical Protocols and accepted standards of care.
- Ensures all patients receive accurate diagnosis and appropriate recommendations.
- Establishes a positive Doctor/Patient relationship.
- Coaches Associate Doctors on clinical protocols (Audits charts as appropriate).
- Communicates effectively with all store associates to ensure a seamless eye care experience and beneficial patient outcome.
- Focuses on developing the most qualified Associate Doctors and store associates. Encourages associate decision making at the level closest to the patient.
- Delivers clear, motivating, and constructive feedback to Associate Doctors and associates in a timely manner.
- Confronts problem performers directly without delay in conjunction with Store Manager; initiates appropriate disciplinary action when necessary and follows up to monitor progress.
- Partners with Store Manager to complete annual performance reviews for Associate Doctors.
- Provides feedback to the Store Manager for store associates’ reviews.
- Collaborates with Store Manager to achieve total store success.
- Partners with Store Manager to ensure all store staffing needs are met.
- Recruits and selects high caliber staff in conjunction with Store Manager.
- Collaborates with Store Manager to forecast staffing needs accurately based on business trends.
- Adjusts staffing levels up or down to meet unexpected changes in office traffic (with SM).
- Adheres to approved staffing and scheduling guidelines.
- Acknowledges and adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Supervises and validates receipt of CL diagnostics and physical inventory.
- Ensures Managed Vision Care claims are processed timely and accurately.
- Partners with Store Manager to complete new hire and associate PCN paperwork in a timely manner.
- Takes ownership for ensuring that the doctor’s office supplies and company approved forms are ordered in a timely manner.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the office and store and ensures visual displays are in accordance with company provided guidelines.
- Validates that all equipment is kept in good working order and that required routine maintenance is performed and documented.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS
- Doctor of Optometry
- Demonstrated leadership/management skills
- Knowledge of current Optometric technology and practices
- Developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Knowledge of sound business management practices