Managing Engineer L-3 CSW is looking for experienced Managing Engineers for our Systems Engineering organization. This position will manage a team of 10-15 senior-level Systems Engineers that provide technical leadership for our Predator, Reaper and ground SATCOM terminal Programs portfolio. In addition, these positions will require frequent work as a Project or Systems Engineer on specific Production, Sustainment or Development contracts. The System Engineer is responsible for the life-cycle support of data link (line-of-sight wideband, narrowband, and/or SATCOM) systems from conceptual development through product phase-out. This includes proposal support, requirements analysis/management, task planning (using EVMS, IMS, MPM, and Management Plans/SEMPs), technical project management assistance (including reviews, reporting, and other documentation), design synthesis (in a multi-functional engineering environment), technical documentation (including generating statements of work and specifications), design oversight, build support, test support, repair support, subcontractor control, risk management, and in-house technical support during the operational life-cycle of the system.
- BS in Engineering or similar technical degree.
- 2+ years of prior or current management / project leadership role experience as well as 5+ years of related Engineering experience.
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Business Administration is preferred.
- Experience in DoD system development processes, documentation, and sustainment.
- Understanding of DoD acquisition practices and business development environment.
- Experience with management of multi-functional technical teams through requirements management, CMMI (Level 3 and above) engineering processes, risk management, and project planning.
- Experience utilizing Earned Value (EVMS) methods to manage the cost and schedule performance of technical projects.
- Strong understanding of requirements management and validation processes using tools like DOORS
- Experience providing engineering support for production programs, and implementing manufacturing process and yield improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate, and retain first-class engineering talent.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral are required.
Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.