As USANA’s managing editor you will contribute input and give direction in content planning states, edit to improve the overall content, tone, organization, readability, audience suitability, impact, and completeness of copy, and work with the editor to ensure micro-editing needs are accurate; help develop their macro-editing skills for overall tone and goal of specific pieces.Your ability to work with writers, managers, and project initiators to ensure project goals are met will be instrumental to your success.
In this position, you will develop, communicate, and execute a consistent editorial standard and process for all electronic and print communications. As you develop in this position, you will act as an advisor to the writing team regarding projects and operations.
A successful individual in this position will exemplify USANA’s core values and will be driven to ensure quality of content produced.
Additional Essential Functions
- Assist in writing as needed
- Work with Executive Director of Creative Brand Strategy, Creative Services Director, Communications Director, and Writing Manager to gain understanding of corporate goals and strategy
Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or similar field required
- Minimum 7 years professional writing/editingexperiencerequired
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once
- Working knowledge of applicable computer systems
- Working knowledge of needed interviewing skills