Slalom's clients include more than half of the Fortune 100 and a third of the Fortune 500—along with startups, non-profits, and innovative organizations of all kinds. At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the US, UK, and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce + Tableau.
Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Grounded in our core values and relentless pursuit of our vision and purpose, Slalom aspires to become one of the most connected and impactful companies in the world.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom is a $1.6B company and has organically grown to over 7,000 employees across 31 markets and seven innovation hubs.
Our vision: a world in which every person loves their work and life.
Our purpose: to help you reach for and realize your vision.
We are seeking a results-oriented global leader of Total Rewards who is a values-based leader with proven leadership and an exceptional track record at leading Total Rewards teams on a global scale. Given Slalom's international growth aspirations to expand globally, we are looking for a leader who thrives in ambiguity and loves to shape and build and scale organization systems and ways of working to enable rapid growth. The MD of Total Rewards will be a member of People Senior Leadership Team (SLT) at Slalom and will report into the Chief People Officer.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a global Total Rewards team, demonstrating exceptional care, situational leadership and ability to coach and develop team members and nurture an engaged, inclusive and high performing team
- Lead a global team to shape Total Rewards philosophy and approach for future
- Develop and continually advance global compensation and benefits strategies and programs to align with business strategy and ensure the right mix and offerings are available to attract and retain an innovative, high caliber workforce
- Identify, analyze and recommend improvements or changes to compensation and benefit programs based on market trends, company strategy, and changes in regulations, resulting in employee retention and love of work
- Launch and manage new programs, including a global mobility program for Slalom that supports our growth and ability to move talented employees cross borders
- Partner with broader Global Expansion planning team, ensuring Total Rewards systems and processes are in place for launch into new countries in 2020 and beyond
- As a member of the People SLT, launch new people strategy and programs and initiatives to modernize people functions and capability to support business growth.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years of Total Rewards experience
- Minimum 10 years of team and organization leadership experience in a global environment
- Inspiring leader with IQ and EQ, courage and conviction; understands what motivates people and builds an engaged, inclusive, high-performing team
- Experience with leading compensation & benefits philosophy design and execution globally, demonstrating innovative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to helicopter from shaping vision and demonstrating strategic thinking to driving execution excellence
- Strong verbal and written communication and analytical skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to effectively communicate and present to all levels of the company
- Influences up, down, and across the organization by virtue of deep and evident subject matter expertise and a highly collaborative, inspirational leadership style. Skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and embrace change
- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively and experience developing and implementing large scale projects and change initiatives
- Strong collaborator with all people functions, including strong partnership with the HR business partner community
- Comes across as a learner, not a knower. Is optimistic, confident (but not arrogant) and loves to help others grow.