What you’ll do:
- Lead the Information Technology Operations (ITO) team, which is responsible for monitoring the health of our technical environments (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year), and taking quick and appropriate action responding to alerts received in our monitoring systems. In addition, the teams plays an integral part in technical incident resolution, as well as assist in change implementations, disaster recovery activities, and large software releases and infrastructure deployments.
- Leverage technology domain support teams to maintain a high-level of availability of our technical eco-system
- Consistently seek improvement in the team’s processes, documentation, and competencies
- Partner with the Technology Operations Solutions team to co-author improvements in our monitoring capabilities
- Provide support for operating systems, administration, and maintenance
- Responsible for defining, and maintaining IT operations policies for the team
- Work collaboratively with the other department leads providing IT operations services as well as enabling them with technology thought leadership.
- Responsible for managing multiple command/operational center environments in geo-diverse locations
What you have:
- Strong leadership skills, sound management practices and talents, and executive presence
- Defines objectives, strategies, metrics, and creates processes to execute
- Must be an innovative, decisive and approachable.
- Ability to see the big picture strategy while directing execution at a granular level
- Ability to track, analyze and report on metrics and refine execution as needed
- Thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities, strategies and deadlines
- Develop, communicate, and utilize a set of metrics used to drive continuous improvement
- Perform employee performance evaluations, daily performance support, and strategic planning for the team
- Maintain management oversight of audit activities. Ensure all audit engagement requirements are met, and all audit findings are remediated in a timely manner.
- Interface with Senior Leadership to ensure reporting is effective, and technology/process issues are escalated
- Work collaboratively with Infrastructure Operational and Application Support teams to ensure the proper information is provided to support Monitoring and Production Readiness activities.
- Collaborate and partner with the Application Support teams to ensure timely and safe deployment of business functionality into Schwab’s technology environments.
- 10+ years in Information Technology
- 7+ years in a Leadership role
- 7+ years in IT Operations
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical degree
- Proven leadership ability in a matrixed environment
- Proven ability to influence change
- Experience with and knowledge of ITSM, DevOps, Lean, Six Sigma, Agile/Scrum, and CoBIT methodologies.
- Experience in Financial Services industry preferred
- Self-motivated and able to work independently leading or participating in virtual teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and business leaders - Strong communication skills to meet with all levels of leadership
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to convert “geek speak” to understandable business terms when needed
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and nurture relationships with key stakeholders and partners
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, meet challenging deadlines and maintain high quality standards
- Demonstrated success in prioritizing and managing multiple competing requests and projects
You demonstrate or possess these behaviors:
- Making complex decisions while balancing shareholder expectations
- Data driven mentality
- Offensive minded
- Conduct yourself calmly in highly stressful situations
- An acute focus on managing execution and ensuring accountability to drive results
- Building collaborative relationships and networks within Scwab
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life