Provides strategic direction, leadership and oversight for the design and execution of the sales and coverage model for the Canadian technology sector across Canadian Commercial Banking and partner groups, ensuring business strategies, sales plans and initiatives are supported in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Responsible for the profitable growth of the Canadian Commercial BankingTechnology and Innovation Bankingportfolio, to ensure financial results and business growth objectives are met.
1. Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
2. Provides strategic and tactical oversight of the design & implementation of the sales and coverage model for the Canadian technology sector across all of Commercial Banking, with a focus on:
- Operating Model Design:
- Maximizing the footprint for technology sector coverage and increasing assets and deposits across Canadian Commercial Banking
- Building/enhancing the sales and after sales service model for Commercial Banking clients by focusing on technology companies at every stage of the development cycle
- Credit Process Enhancements:
- Evaluate the current underwriting, adjudication, fulfillment and monitoring processes and provide recommendations that allow for earlier-stage technology lending
3. Ensures alignment amongst stakeholder & partner groups including Canadian Banking Strategy, GRM, GTB, Shared Services and the Digital Factory to advance the objectives of the Commercial Bank’s technology coverage.
4. Overseeing market research on competitive opportunities and trends; keeping abreast of competitor positioning and changing market dynamics; presenting recommendations based on assessment
5. Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank’s risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank’s risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
6. Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
7. Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Strong knowledge of Commercial Banking products, processes & systems
Strong knowledge of financial / risk analysis techniques, credit adjudication, and the Bank’s lending policies and procedures
In-depth understanding of the Bank’s structures, processes, resources and delivery networks of financial products and services within the context of the Bank’s sales and service strategies across the various delivery channels
In depth knowledge of technology trends and the Canadian technology sector
Excellent coaching skills
Superior interpersonal and teamwork skills
Superior influencing skills
Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
Excellent computer skills, model building, excel, powerpoint, Bank systems, procedures and knowledge of documentation
Business degree, MBA preferred
Requisition ID: 23256