What you’ll do:
This individual will engage primarily with direct and indirect reports and business partners, including application development, enterprise architecture, infrastructure, operations, program management, business partners, domain partners, as well as cross enterprise Managers and Officers. This position will report to the VP of Client ExperienceTechnology.
A successful individual has strong organizational and people leadership capabilities to facilitate a transition to site and system reliabilityengineering. The Managing Director will have the ability to understand, align, and communicate operational, metrics based outcomes and run-time objectives to senior leadership. You will demonstrate a proactive attitude and lead change within the organization.
- Lead a high performing organization responsible for production, performance and availability for client facing Schwab products.
- Establish and maintain contracts with software engineering and production operations organizations for production / deployment readiness, monitoring, serviceability and incident procedures.
- Support and drive agile delivery and dev ops models
- Be fully supported and enforced in project, architecture, development and support practices
What you have:
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related experience
- 8 + years of IT project leadership experience in technical, project and offshore vendor management capabilities
- 8 + years of people management experience with a least 5 direct reports
- 5+ years of experience with running medium to large/complex projects with multiple dependencies
- Prior experience with DevOps processes in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including change & release management
- Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology & trends
- Strong knowledge of software development, testing, maintenance and support
- Prior experience selecting new tools when needed.
- Hands on experience managing budgets and prioritize spending
- Excellent leadership, communication, facilitation and motivational skills, with the ability to build rapport and grow consensus with peers and other groups
- 8+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry highly preferred
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and HipChat preferred
- Experience with monitoring and automation of large scale systems including experience in Splunk and AppDynamics
- Understanding of operating systems, databases, networking, security & business intelligence a plus
- Good knowledge of, Microsoft Office and Development Tools such as TFS a plus
- Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail & the ability to design, execute & maintain strategic goals & metrics
- Prior knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery a plus