Managing Director - Sports & Entertainment Division
It is a pleasure to make your e-acquaintance. Harvard Group International (HGI) is invested in acquiring industry professionals to further build out our thriving Sport & Entertainment Executive Search Practice, promote the firm, and build our networks.
Based on sales/consultant background specifically in the sports industry, you may be interested in learning more about a Managing Director role with our firm. We have offices in Scottsdale, Atlanta, and NY, but the opportunity to work remotely is certainly an option.
The new Managing Director will play an active role in business development activities and will ensure the crisp execution of the total business plan.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR HAS THREE DISTINCT RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT; develop and bring-in business.
2. PROJECT MANAGEMENT; effectively lead, strategize and close each project.
3. TEAM DEVELOPMENT; build, develop and manage a successful team.
- Be entrepreneurial, have strong closing instincts, and be a self-motivated team leader.
- Know how to influence decision makers and how to close multi-million dollar orders in complex and political organizations.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset and actions, thriving on building business and high-performance organizations.
- Be energetic, disciplined and focused as a team builder and leader of the business development and sales organization.
- Foster strong internal working relationships and work well on a team. (Executive Search is a relationship business on all fronts.)
- Be well organized and goal oriented.
- Be a natural leader; flexible and able to think out of the box to add to the growth of the business development and sales organization.
- Be demanding and charismatic to make sure the team’s work is completed on time.
- Have attributes that consistently support business development, sales goals and the overall business plan.
- Be detail-oriented, have a high stress tolerance and the ability to work under pressure when required.
- Five or more years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility in business development, direct sales and/or recruiting.
- Three or more years of experience closing large accounts.
- C-Level networking experience.
- Industry specific Executive Search experience is an advantage.
- A demonstrated ability to identify, develop and profitably win business.
- Direct sales or business development experience in the high-end ‘Service Sector’ is preferred.
- Extensive experience with Executive Level meetings and business communications.
- Diverse skill-set in writing persuasive and successful business letters.
- Must be computer literate. Required skills include, but are not limited to: typing formal/executive business communications as well as full understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and respond to strategy-driven businesses and communicate the strategy in order to enhance the company’s image.
- Display a sound and comprehensive understanding of sales, process and operations.
- Demonstrated success in business development, direct sales and/or sales and marketing management that led to the individual becoming a leader in their company and industry.
• Industry leading monthly commission structure.