$250K — $500K+*
The candidate will be responsible to help build the senior debt origination capabilities within the Principal middle market platform. In addition to focus on originating senior first lien loans, this candidate will opportunistically seek to originate second lien, mezzanine debt and equity co-invest. This position will focus on origination through the Private Equity (PE) Sponsor channel. The candidate will be responsible for developing and impacting the Principal’s broad origination platform, including identifying and implementing strategies applied across all sponsor origination channels. This position will also provide leadership for the overall direct lending business.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• MBA and/or CFA required
• Strong credit capabilities with 15+ years of relevant middle market credit and originations experience, including at least 5 years of direct underwriting and portfolio management experience
• Strong sales and negotiating skills along with deep relationships with senior members of leading middle market private equity firms that include a history of sourcing a diverse set of attractive financing transactions
• A comprehensive knowledge of market pricing and terms along with a creative and balanced approach to credit structuring and pricing
• Experience in managing multi-product transaction teams, leading the execution effort from origination to closing
• Easily demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills along with strong motivation and leadership skills
• Proven leadership skills specific to managing teams within the middle market credit and loan origination market
• Able to balance a calm, steady, patient approach to business with passion to compete and win new business in a highly competitive environment
• Accepts and manages conflict and disagreement in a constructive and professional manner
This position can be located remotely with a focus on regions in South/Southeast or West.
Valid through: 4/23/2021