LogicSource is an innovative leader in sourcing and procurement services, we help companies increase profits through better buying. LogicSource® is owned and operated by an experienced group of global business veterans who came together under the common goal to radically change the way sourcing and procurement works. We’ve reinvented sourcing and procurement with an execution-based, fully transparent business model that ensures clients don’t spend a dime until they see results.
Our people gain exposure to projects and clients spanning a broad set of categories across multiple industries. Opportunities for getting involved, whether working across functions or learning a new category abound.
Our business model reflects our culture – radically different and rife with opportunity to make a difference. Our professionals enjoy the intellectual stimulation, challenge and satisfaction that only a sophisticated organization, coupled with relevant and meaningful business challenges to solve, can afford.
We have an immediate opening for a full time Client Director onsite in Los Angeles, CA. As a key member of our Client Operations team you will be responsible for leading and managing a long-term sourcing and procurement engagement for a specialty retailer. This role reports directly to the Managing Director, Client Relationship Management, West Coast.
- Manage all aspects of a complex, client-site sourcing and procurement engagement, responsible for services delivery, client satisfaction, achievement of savings targets and program P&L performance, as well as driving account growth opportunities
- Lead and program manage sourcing projects across multiple indirect spend categories including Distribution & Logistics, Packaging, Marketing Print, Marketing Services, Facilities, IT, Store Construction, FF&E, and Corporate Services
- Lead and manage one resource onsite and effectively collaborate a with offsite shared resources
- Devise category management strategies for all indirect spend categories and build consensus with client business stakeholders
- Build comprehensive negotiation plans to support strategic sourcing initiatives (i.e. MDO, LAA, BATNA or similar)
- Lead and ensure effective operations of onsite and offsite teams sourcing goods and services on behalf of our client with a heavy focus on analysis, sourcing, compliance, reporting and negotiation planning
- Ensure effective implementation and operation of our proprietary OneMarket technology for purchase order creation, spend analysis, and reporting purposes
- Leverage LogicSource’s offsite team of strategic sourcing experts to drive additional savings opportunities and effectively manage vendor partners to maintain the highest standards for quality and delivery
- Develop and presentstrategic initiatives that drive innovation and value to our Clients and LogicSource in order to:
- Improve processes to reduce cycle time and/or cost and improve quality
- Identify specifications improvement and value engineering to drive cost containment and savings
- Facilitate communication between client business units, internal stakeholders and suppliers for effective operation and delivery
- Provide leadership, mentoring and support to onsite and cross-functional teams to ensure they understand their roles and interdependence in the delivery of sustainable services
- Build and effectively maintain relationships within all organizational levels, including the C-Suite, delivering on client service objectives
- Learn and adapt to client's culture while maintaining cultural standards of LogicSource
- Support and troubleshoot day to day issues; provide first-rate customer service
- Monitor project progress and provide effective status reporting
- Understand industry trends and growth sectors for LogicSource’s expansion considerations
- Identify trends and develop solutions for problems causing under-delivery
- Deliver accurate and timely financial information to finance for issuance of invoices to the client
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, MBA / Master’s degreepreferred
- Minimum of 10 years or progressive leadership experience in strategic sourcing and procurement across a broad set of categories, as well as project, program, and account management
- Strategic Sourcing and Procurement experience within a Professional Services firm, CPG company, or Retailer required
- Program and account management experience, preferably with onsite and remote/offsite resources
- Category sourcing experience within some or all of the following: Distribution & Logistics, Packaging, Marketing Print, Marketing Services, Facilities, IT, Store Construction, FF&E, and Corporate Services
- Demonstrated success in managing vendors, negotiating and managing high-value contracts
- Analytically adept with the ability to interpret complex data for informed decision-making and to assess results
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Excel/financial analysis and planning
- Proven expertise implementing and managing change across all levels of an organization; prior implementation and adoption of eProcurement systems is a plus
- Strong problem solving and leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial aptitude with a commitment to client service
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships, communicate effectively and influence.