The Managing Director – Select Underwriting will work directly with the Underwriting leaders to develop long term training in all areas. They will also partner to ensure the Underwriting team is being given direction and optimizing their performance.
- Responsible for assisting with resolving loans that have defects and uninsured population as well as trending
- Assisting Site Underwriting Directors with developing and administering performance plans
- Assessing all quality data to provide strategy/direction
- Assisting in credit authority determination and leveling up; including promotion of Underwriter Support Specialists and FHA, VA, USDA
- Partnering/developing ongoing training after initial training- both systemic and knowledge
- Gauging understanding as well as operationalizing communications, changes, updates
- Identifying areas of opportunity including but limited to people, process, and technology
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current and extensive knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, USDA, and VA program guidelines
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Minimum of 5 years mortgage underwriting experience
- Strong business acumen, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as ability to interface with executive management.