BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.Job Description
Silicon Valley Bank is seeking aMD Sales Technologyto lead a talented team topositively transform the toolsourfront-line use to serve our clients. This is a rare opportunity to workat the intersection of sales and technologyat the Bank used by 50% of venture-funded tech and life sciences companies.
As the MD Sales Technology, you willarticulate and pursue a vision for advancing sales technology capabilities andtheirimpact at SVB. You willdefine and prioritize business requirements across the Bank's commercial units, collaboratewith the product and IT functions tomakebuild or buy decisionsrelated to CRM and other salestools,andoversee testing and deployment ofnewtechnologies to the front-line. You will work closely with the heads of Business UnitsandFunctions,includingSales Operations, Business Analytics,and Sales Enablement,to advance sales tools in service ofSVB'sgo-to-market strategies and business outcomes. You excel and balancing planning with execution and are very comfortable collaborating across numerous functions and stakeholders and managing change.
TheMD Sales Technologyreports into the Head of Analytics & Sales Operations. The Analytics & Sales Operations team ensures SVB's complex and ever-evolving business runs smoothly. We have teams embedded in each of the major bank business areas. Team members are analytical and strategic, with a pragmatic sense of how to get things done.
This position offers the opportunity to lead and develop across-functionalteam of ~10 product managers,researchers,developers, andcustomer success managers,andpartner closely with sales, product, and IT,to shape and advance the Bank'ssales technology strategy, capabilities, and impact.Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute avision andstrategy for advancing SVB sales technologycapabilities and business impact
- Identify opportunities and design the execution of projects and programs to increase productivity,operational efficiency, andemployeesatisfactionwith systems and tools across SVB commercial units
- Lead and manage the Sales Technology and CRM agile pods, consisting of world-class product managers, scrum masters, UX designers/researchers, tech leads, customer success managers and other deployment and support specialists
- Define and prioritize business requirements for sales technology across commercial units
- Integrate business requirements into technology roadmapsanddrive alignmenton top prioritieswithseniorstakeholdersto secure funding and resources
- Support PMs in managingagrowingportfolio of salestools, includingboth3rdparty solutions and custom-built applications, and ensure theyalign to a unified Sales Tech strategy
- Collaborate withtherest oftheAnalytics & Sales Operations organization, cross-functional partners, and business units to fully integrate sales technologywith broader bank strategy and go-to-market elements into robust programs, and to drive positive change
- Oversee user testing, deployment, trainingandchange managementfor newcapabilities, integratingtheminto each business unit's go-to-market strategy and motionstodrive adoption and best practices
- Maintain a tech savvy perspective, staying abreast of current sales technology trends
- Ensure sales technologyprograms are optimized for business impact, and executed consistently and effectively, including deployment, maintenance, and measuring outcomes
- Establish strong working relationships with sales leadership, operations, product, marketing, finance and other cross-functional teams, andprovideongoing transparency intosales technologypriorities and tradeoffs
- Partner with A&SO leadership todevelopannual strategic plans, initiativesand OKRs,andprovide updateson a regular cadence
- BAdegreeor equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experienceleadingsales technology,sales operations and/or sales enablement teamsat a technology company
- 5+ years ofleadershipexperienceinproduct management, technology integration,and/or productstrategyrolein a technology company
- 2+ years ofpeoplemanagement experience, with ability tocoach and developbothindividual contributorsand senior managers/directors
- Proven track record ofleading the development anddeploymentofsuccessful solutions to ambiguous and highlycomplex business problems
- Exceptional critical thinking and attention to detail
- Customer-first mindset withastrong passion for helping otherssucceed
- Proven ability to inspire and move a cross-functional group and business leadership in a unified direction, and to lead multiple projects simultaneously under tight timeframes
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to negotiate priorities across organizations at all levels.
- Must be able to explain technical concepts and implications clearly to a wide and senior audience, and be able to translate business objectives intobusiness requirements
- Experience using or managing customer relationship management software (CRM)
- Experience inafront-linesales,BDor account managementrole
- Experience leading complex operational initiatives
- Experience leading change in an established high-tech or finance company
- Distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment
- Experience deployingsales technologyprograms at scale (to a sales organization that's comprised of hundreds of sales personnel or greater)
- Experience working withMicrosoft Dynamics, Salesforce, or other CRM
- Experience leading teams thatdeliver sales technology to front lines
- Experience managing and coaching cross-functional agile product teams
For more than 35 years, SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ: SIVB) and its subsidiaries have helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB Financial Group's businesses, including Silicon Valley Bank, offer commercial and private banking, asset management, private wealth management, brokerage and investment services and funds management services to companies in the technology, life science and healthcare, private equity and venture capital, and premium wine industries. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, SVB Financial Group operates in centers of innovation around the world. Learn more at svb.com.
SVB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer.
At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
© 2021 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB).
Silicon Valley Bank is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK under No. FC029579. Silicon Valley Bank is authorised and regulated by the California Department of Business Oversight and the United States Federal Reserve Bank; authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority with number 577295; and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.