Managing Director, Project Development ServicesJob Description Summary
The Managing Director/Sr. Managing Director partners with the Head of PDS, Head of PDS Operations and Regional PDS leadership to address organizational design and the evolution of the PDS team, under a common Standard Operating Procedure with consistent financial, customer and operational transparency along with the execution of the goals and initiatives of the PDS service line. This position works alongside with the PDS leadership team to champion cross-business working in the best interests of customers, colleagues, Cushman & Wakefield, external stakeholders and the wider community with professionalism and integrity to deliver win-win solutions.Job DescriptionESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Regional Leaders and Head of PDS Operations on operational models, risk mitigation, and strategic initiatives to grow, enhance and stabilize the business.
- Partners with the Operations, PDS Leaders, Marketing, and other service line leaders to champion the creation of robust, significant and sustainable business development plans and communicates priorities in line with Cushman & Wakefield's strategy.
- Operates market leading operating models (regional and national) for the delivery of capital projects for clients while leading the PDS team to achieve consistency and efficiency.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of strong regional standards for delivery, risk management and implementing a robust assurance process to ensure risk is clearly identified and well managed.
- Deepens customer/stakeholder insight by gathering information from clients and project teams; assisting in the delivery of initiatives to deliver outstanding customer service and improve customer/stakeholder advocacy and use it to shape Cushman & Wakefield's PDS Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assists in the strategic planning process for key project implementation at a sub-regional level and the communication of project strategies with high impact, clear targets, measurable outcomes, and likelihood of successful implementation.
- Responsible for marketing the successes and abilities of the PDS team to the internal service lines.
- Supports the PDS Region Lead with the identification, evaluation and acquisition of new approaches, resources, or third-party organizations that will support sustained profitable growth.
- Manages P/L of the business unit to ensure appropriate reporting, allocation, reconciliation of service line finances
- Leads business development activity ensuring alignment with commercial strategies through identification and cultivation of internal and external client relationships
- Manages portfolio with complex initiatives that may span across multiple business lines
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Contributes through the overall implementation of strategic direction in the Service Line.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in the development and completion of various project types.
- Provides overall leadership responsibility for people, resources, planning and budgeting within their local market, account or sub-region.
- Acts as the trusted business advisor and strategic partner by the clients both internally and externally.
- Lead the sourcing, pitching and securing of new business and projects within the local market.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- Master's Degree Preferred
- Certification Preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project
- Experience in client relations, client management and consulting
- 17+ years' experience
- 7+ years management experience
- Complex Problem Solving, Functional and Business Strategy
- Leads Project Teams
- Operates across multiple service lines and/or regions
- Leadership/ Management Ability
- Financial Accountability
- Business Development
- Well-rounded knowledge of various product types
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.