Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
11 - 15 years
Posted 61 days ago
Location: Lincoln, RI (Life Technology Services Department)
Are you looking for a job in a growing industry with new products, new markets and new technology?
Our office located in Lincoln, RI is seeking a Managing Director of the Life Technology Services Department.
This position requires experience in the Life Insurance Industry with an overall responsibility for the functions of the Life Technology Services Department. This includes planning and implementation of all projects, as well as coordinating a broad range of operational resources in order to meet corporate and departmental goals.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Oversees the planning and activities of Systems, Project, and Vendor Management teams.
• Actively supports and promotes the strategic and tactical objectives of the department and organization.
• Responsible for all elements associated with the advancement of core departmental initiatives.
• Facilitate communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within the organization.
• Responsible for defining and implementing project management principles and discipline.
• Responsible for the management of multiple IT and organizational projects.
• Defines enterprise technology architecture objectives and sets the associated policies, standards and guidelines in cooperation with Corporate Information Services (CIS).
• Coordinate technical activities, including hardware, software, and other system enhancements, within the Life company business units, across the Amica enterprise, and with external vendors.
• Oversees system testing coordination.
• Manage external relationships with 3rd party service providers.
• Defines the information systems portion of the business recovery and contingency planning process.
• Operates Amica Life's Technology Services functions within budget.
• Attends relevant conferences/seminars and encourages the development of direct reports.
• Proactively confront and address adversity and issues with determination and solutions.
• May be called upon to handle other duties as required.
• Life Insurance management experience.
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Exceptional project management skills.
• Business process management experience.
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communications.
• Ability to work outside of normal business hours.
• 10+ years of experience managing an IT focused department.
• Demonstrates strong leadership, interpersonal communication skills and performance evaluation skills necessary to work well in cooperation with others for the benefit of the organization.
• Pursue additional insurance designations