Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is a rising star in the financial services industry. At Home Point, we created a culture that encourages community, caring and open communication. We want our associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special? Our “We Care” approach in all that we do. At HPFC we collaborate, question the norm, reinvent and help each other succeed. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you!
The Managing Director – IT Development oversees HPFC’s custom development, system integration, and loan origination system administration teams. This includes governing our software development practice to ensure predictability from concept to development/integration to release. As a direct report to the CIO, the position works cross functionally with all HPFC departments to ensure business, quality, and functional, and security goals are met within each initiative. While they contribute to cross functional prioritization discussions, they are the key decision maker for technical design, implementation decisions and delivery of results.
- Manages the development of custom systems and extension of 3rd party systems which comprise the information technology platform
- Provides technical guidance to the implementation teams
- Uses technical expertise to close gaps in existing functionality either within current systems or from a business objective perspective and performs build versus buy analysis to determine how gaps are closed
- Works with the EMPO team, project managers, and Scrum masters to coordinate development and release of new projects including build-in-house, integrate, or deploy purchased systems
- Ensures new functionality and systems knowledge is transferred to the Helpdesk team
- Promotes continuous improvement to support highly efficient and effective solution delivery processes
- Help to determine capital investment parameters, priorities and risk for enterprise wide IT investments to maximize the return on investment
- Understands and communicates product vision to all levels of team members
- Hire, develop, evaluate, reward and retain a highly qualified team of System Developers
- As a member of the IT Senior management team, make a key contribution to the formulation of the Divisions strategies
- Maintains a strong collaborative relationship with all HPFC leaders and employees and develop a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and opportunities
- Promote a “business-first” mentality at all levels of the IT organization
- Extensive mortgage banking expertise in Loan Production through Servicing
- Proven experience in SCRUM/Agile work practices
- Off-shore expertise with a strong track record of successful project execution
- Tenured technical background in application architecture and development
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Engineering-oriented degree or demonstrated grasp of engineering fundamentals required.