Industry: Hospitality & Recreation•
Not Specified years
Posted 145 days ago
The Managing Director (MD) of Campaign Strategy and Development Operations will be a proven, proactive leader of development strategy, analytics and operations. The MD will have capital campaignexperience, acumen in analytics, research and operations, and passion for The Trustees’ mission.
Reporting to the Chief of Development (CDO), the Managing Director will:
1. Be a strategic partner to the CDO, driving campaign and development success. The Managing Director will have the authority and experience to direct campaign strategy and operations in support of the $75 million Momentum initiative. On a day to day basis, the MD will act as a Chief of Staff, ensuring that the Development department as a whole is coordinated and working at the highest level of efficiency and professionalism, both internally and externally. The MD will be responsible for close coordination across the Development team and with other departments. The MD will chair weekly moves meetings and ensure effective campaign oversight and progress, as well as support for the CDO.
2. Build a best-in-class development operations capacity. The MD will be a strategic leader whose work fuels and facilitates the Momentum campaign and overall fundraising success. The MD will manage a high-performing team that delivers timely, insightful data analytics and prospect research, moves management counsel, processes, infrastructure and reporting. The MD will build a strong operational foundation that supports achievement of ambitious goals and milestones.
3. Provide analytics, tracking and reporting in support of growth. The Managing Director will be expert at donor segmentation, analytics and insights, and will assess and prioritize prospect pools and individuals. The MD will strategically track and report on trends and progress, identify gaps and be a source of fresh approaches, ongoing and unexpected targets and opportunities. The MD will be a resource on internal and external data, will highlight and continually enhance a pipeline of prospects, and will play a key role in strategizing growth. The MD will be a valued source of ideas on how to move prospects forward in the right way at the right time.
4. Be a trusted resource for executive leadership and the development teams. The MD will work effectively and proactively with the Executive Team and the entire Development staff. The MD will build a solid operational and communications framework to underpin progress and success. An excellent listener and communicator, the MD will be a sought after source of information, analysis, ideas and solutions. The MD will interact easily and effectively with the Executive Team, Board members, colleagues and donors.
5. Be a great manager of people, projects and operations. The Managing Director will build and lead a high-performing development operations team that embraces proactivity, urgency, customer service and long-haul strategic planning. The team will set ambitious goals and standards for every aspect of fundraising support including gift acknowledgement, personalization, financial efficacy, data quality, donor profiles, prospect research, eventsupport, mailings and appeals. The MD will manage a talented, collaborative team that provides top-notch donor service and works collaboratively with Development peers and across the organization.
The ideal candidate is a proactive, strategic and collaborative leader of development analytics, moves, research and operations. Passion for the Trustees’ mission is essential.
Personal characteristics being sought include:
• High emotional intelligence and ability to listen and communicate well.
• Superior team building, relationship and people management skills.
• A self-starter with an entrepreneurial streak.
• Skills and enthusiasm for systems, processes and technology.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and results-oriented culture.
• Ability to think on their feet and take thoughtful action.
• Strong ability in written, oral and persuasive communications.
• A marketing sense.
• A balance of self-confidence and humility.
• The maturity and gravitas to interact with senior and Board leaders.
• A high achiever who can roll up the sleeves and gets things done.
• A courageous, respectful and direct communicator and presenter.
• A bright, curious and inventive nature.
• A proactive, organized and forward looking leader who seeks to move things forward now, and with a view to the months and years ahead.
• A sense of humor.
The Managing Director reports to the Chief of Development (CDO) and works closely with the entire Development team. The MD will manage a staff that includes an Associate Managing Director of Development Operations, a Development Associate responsible for data operations, a Market Research Analyst who conducts prospect research, and a part-time Administrator.
Hours, Salary & Benefits
Reporting to the CDO, this position is a full-time, exempt position. Position is based in Boston at 200 High Street and requires minimal travel within Massachusetts. As a full-time employee, the MD is eligible for benefits offered by the Trustees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, vacation, sick and personal time, as well as the option to participate in our 401(k) savings plan. Salary is commensurate with experience.
For potential consideration or to suggest a prospect, please email TrusteesMD@BoardWalkConsulting.com or call Kathy Bremer or Patti Kish at 404-BoardWalk (404-262-7392). For the current status of this and other searches, please visit www.BoardWalkConsulting.com