orthlich is Adweek’s pick for top agency in Ohio and our advertising and public relations departments rank among the country's top 50 independent firms in their respective disciplines.
The Managing Director drives client business results through experience and application of client and strategic marketing. The ideal candidate will have deep agency experience leading a variety of brands across multiple sectors. The candidate should be a proactive leader with strong strategic capabilities and a mastery of the core tenets of client leadership. The Managing Director leads development of innovative client leadership programs and encourages the best out of every team member.
This individual serves as a strategic partner with assigned clients, responsible for building and maintaining relationships, helping our clients drive marketplace success while identifying and security new agency opportunities. Provides day-to-day leadership and supervision of a client leadership team, to include the public relations team. The successful candidate will have the ability to thrive in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrates the highest level of mastery of all client leadership skills and partners with other disciplines to ensure that the business unit is operating with excellence
- Strengthens relationships with key decision-makers within the client’s organization, which helps meet and exceed their business needs
- Maintains ongoing communication with clients regarding their level of satisfaction with agency performance and individual team members
- Provides vision, perspective, thought leadership and strategic guidance to agency teams and clients
- Navigates the client organization for the purpose of relationship matrix, organic growth and effective delivery of Northlich solutions
- Leads counsel for senior-level clients with special emphasis on issue management and crisis communications
- Leads and demonstrates accountability for business unit financial results; forecasts revenue and costs; tracks and analyzes client’s budget
- Manages resources of assigned staff toward the fulfillment of agency-client objectives, while maintaining agency profitability
- Leads and mentors agency teams in developing and delivering exceptional programs, which are executed flawlessly to meet client needs
- Displays situational leadership by applying experiences to current/new challenges and situations
- Understands and applies industry trends, client trends, emerging mediums, integrated marketing and communication plans
- Maintains Northlich’s brand and leads agency publicity
- Participates in and often leads the development of new business opportunities
- Understands emerging social and digital marketing trends and how these relate to growing a brand within a specific categorylandscape
- Partners in leading strategy and approach to hot prospects through the pitch process
- 15 or more years of integrated marketing program development and execution
- 10 or more years of agency experiencedesired
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to develop and deliver compelling client presentations and new business presentations; the ability to think on your feet
- Stellar communication skills; verbal, written and listening
- Experience leading a team to deliver exceptional client service and achieve business unit results