As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Asset Management Client Solutions (“AMCS”) is responsible for managing Schwab’s third party product platforms to deliver a robust client experience while growing a revenue stream vital to Schwab’s overall financial health. AMCS develops new products and services for clients, maintains broad product offers, and facilitates effective working relationships between third party providers and the employee groups who work directly with clients. Collectively AMCS manages five product platforms including:
- Mutual funds & 529: The first and still the largest platform at Schwab.
- Managed accounts: The most comprehensive and fastest growing SMA platform in the industry.
- Alternative Investments: A growing platform enabling clients to invest in assets such as real estate, private equity, hedge funds, structured products, and commodities.
- ETFs: The largest and most rapidly growing ETF platform in the industry.
- Insurance: A developing platform becoming more critical in meeting client needs with retirement and risk management.
- Fixed Income: An industry leading product platform and a large team of sales & service professionals, the Fixed Income team plays a significant role in driving asset growth for both our Advisor and Retail.
As Managing Director, Mutual Fund & ETF Platform, you have the opportunity to lead the team responsible for product offering and client experience for Mutual Funds, ETFs and our 529 plan. Serving both individual investors and registered investment advisors (RIAs), these platforms are a critical component of the third-party product offering at Schwab. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead the team responsible for creating a strong client experience for our investors that are researching, selecting and investing in these products.
What you’ll do:
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that we continue to maintain an industry-leading platform in terms of breadth of product choice and client experience related to mutual funds, ETFs and/or our 529 offer.
- Develop and maintain robust client-facing tools and resources to support self-directed clients investing in mutual funds, ETFs and/or our 529 plan.
- Partner closely with our channel teams to ensure that clients have a seamless, easy, positive experience when researching and investing in these products.
- Partner with our marketing and PR teams to deliver effective marketing and messaging around our third-party product offers
- Assess and identify key client and platform risks associated with these products; develop and implement effective and scalable risk mitigation strategies
- Act as liaison to key business (e.g. Retail Business, Advisor Services) partners to ensure that our product offering continues to meet the needs of our diverse client base
- Evolve the long-term strategy and business model for Schwab’s ETF platform focused on sustainable monetization of ETFs and ensuring a proactive approach to industry trends and dynamics.
- Manage a team of one to two Senior Managers responsible for a variety of ongoing and project-driven initiatives.
What you have:
- Proven experience delivering results in an environment that requires influencing and cross-organizational support to achieve success.
- Strong communication skills, comfort creating and delivering strategic presentations to varying audiences, including clients, business partners, and senior executives.
- Analytical mindset that drives towards data-driven answers and is comfortable working withfinance and data teams to create insightful and strategic analyses.
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape in the financial services industry, especially as it relates to asset management and related product solutions, particularly ETFs.
- Strong understanding of key partner functions such as product management, trading, operations, marketing, supervision, and compliance.
- Strong emotional intelligence/maturity and leadership presence.
- Proactively confronts challenges and is able to make tough choices while confidently communicating difficult messages with transparency and candor.
- Highly collaborative and relationship-oriented; thrives on initiating, building and cultivating strong authentic relationships inside and outside the group; navigates and activates alignment across organizations.
- BA/BS degree; MBApreferred; Series 7 license preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life