- Saint Petersburg, FL, United States
The Managing Director is a senior-level position within the Client Services team responsible for leading a strategic book of business, encompassing one or more enterprise accounts and/or geographic regions. The role has a heavy emphasis on ensuring that we are providing world-class thinking and delivery to our clients and providing strategic and tactical leadership for all aspects of our client’s loyalty and CRM initiatives. This role will maintain regular contact with our senior clients and will be instrumental in delivering influential communication that reinforces our expertise and the value as a trusted advisor.
In addition to the leadership role with our clients, this person will also be important in shaping Kobie’s internal teams, culture, and rules of engagement as an agency. The team and client contacts will look to this leader and other senior management for strategic direction, escalations/problem solving and to set the tone for how we work.
Responsibilities include ensuring strong client health and ultimately, the growth and retention of Kobie’s account portfolio. This person must thrive on being in the spotlight on key client opportunities and be comfortable in supporting new opportunity pursuits as well. This will also include creating and executing go-to-market strategies alongside Kobie’s overall strategic growth objectives by generating and maintaining strategic business partnerships and expanding the Kobie brand within existing clients and new business development.
Having solid experience working in Loyalty within the Retail vertical (preferably both Card and MTL), is mandatory for the role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(60%) Senior level point-of-contact with Clients/decision makers
- Strategic thinker. Able to build and articulate a vision that drives value to our clients.
- Growth driven with a proven ability to close sizable organic opportunity.
- Build trust to improve relationships with clients, where needed.
- Overall responsibility for managing and guiding a cross-functional team(s)to ensure we have a strong understanding of the account health, opportunities and areas of concern.
- Thought leader with deep understanding of the business challenges our Retail clients are facing.
- Strong judgment and ability to provide direction and problem solve real time.
- Responsible for all aspects of client relationships including preserving existing revenue base, and expanding revenue from assigned client relationships.
- Ensures superior client satisfaction by acting as an advocate for clients with proactive identification of client needs, potential internal issues impacting client satisfaction, and ensuring client issues are resolved.
(20%) Industry Vertical Team leader
- Collaborate with other department leaders to ensure program delivery is strong and consistent.
- Establish benchmarks and rules of engagement to ensure entire team is aligned with expectations and an understanding of importance.
- Help develop team resources including building their expertise and satisfaction at Kobie.
- Develop and manage Account Plans to provide a roadmap for client success and ultimately revenue growth.
- Provide leadership for Quarterly Client Reviews, including overseeing/directing development of strategic thinking and materials.
- Ensure the team manages the client’s annual budget to ensure all initiatives are on time and on budget. When discrepancies arise, resolve expeditiously to minimize risk and maintain client satisfaction.
(20%) Drive Profitability and Organic Growth on Account
- Maintain/improve account financials, protect existing business and generate organic growth.
- Ability to qualify opportunities, and help to define and influence requirements in order to present winning proposals. Actively participate in Business Development efforts at Kobie.
- Manage budgets, forecast, margins, and resource allocation; ensure delivery of account profit expectations. Work with leadership and CFO to define pricing and profitability.
- Work with finance to ensure timely and accurate client billing/payments.
IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Previous experience in Retail vertical
- Previous experience in the loyalty industry and/or the industry vertical including technology enablers.
- Must understand the complexity of the programs we are delivering, and the challenges our clients face every day in managing these programs.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written—must be able to curate the message to drive positive results. Salesmanship is a must and a confidence in growing accounts and opportunities.
- Commitment/deadline driven and proven ability to manage multiple opportunities at a high level effectively
- High energy and a solutions-focused attitude Kobie Culture
- Advocate Kobie corporate culture to ensure team enjoys high morale, recognize superior contributions.
- Strong cultural and client fit (passionate, professional, outgoing, creative, leader, shared values, work ethic, team mentality, collaborative)
- Consistently position and build Kobie brand equity to build trust, credibility, and client referrals.
- Balance client demands with participation in broader agency initiatives.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, with some peak travel periods of up to 50%
TRAINING AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum; MBA preferred
- Industry recognition or other industry experience that sets the candidate apart as a leader
- 15+ years of experience aligned with expectations above.
15 years:Account Management