Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Reporting to the Head of Global Corporate Development and Assumed Reinsurance, the position is responsible for (i) coordinating and executing International Corporate Development and M&A activities at the Life & Retirement level, and (ii) overseeing the structuring and execution of all assumed reinsurance outside the U.S. for L&R. In addition, this role is accountable for representing AIG’s interests with major stakeholders both internally and externally with clients, industry groups, insurers, reinsurers, bankers, brokers, sponsors, government and regulatory bodies, and various forms of media.
The main responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with bankers, brokers, and AIG Corporate Development internationally to ensure L&R has the opportunity to buy or sell businesses in order to opportunistically build upon the organization’s long-term strategic vision
- Overseeing the execution of any international acquisitions of businesses that involve L&R
- Maintaining an active dialogue and partnership with all L&R businesses to understand the organization’s appetite for inorganic growth, and developing a M&A strategy to capitalize on opportunities across a variety of market conditions
- Developing relationships with reinsurers and financial institutions to source new international business opportunities
- Overseeing execution and structuring of international L&R assumed reinsurance strategies
- Effectively interacting with functional areas (e.g. Legal, HR, IT, etc.) to ensure any transactions are aligned with the strategic, operating, and financial plans of the businesses
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legal and statutory requirements, meeting principles of sound corporate governance and internationally accepted environmental, health, safety and quality standards
- Minimum 10 years’ of transaction experience in the international M&A space
- International reinsurance transaction sourcing and structuring expertise
- Proven experience developing and executing multi-year roadmaps
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related field required; MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Clear and accessible communicator, influencer, and facilitator
What our employees like most about working for AIG
- We care about your professional development. Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation.
- Our “Giving Back” policy is at the core of our daily operations and guides our future progress. Don’t believe us? We put our money where our mouth is! AIG, will give you up to 16 hours a year paid time off to volunteer in the community.
- Our people are our most important asset therefore we provide a generous benefits plan and competitive pay. Benefit package includes:
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance). We offer 24 PTO days to start. YES, 24! 9 paid holidays per calendar year.
- A 401(k) Retirement Plan which will be HARD TO BEAT. Our 401K - $1 for $1 match up to 6% with immediate vesting, plus AIG automatically contributes an additional 3% in to your 401K regardless of if you enroll or not.