Applied Memetics is seeking an experienced Managing Director, Health IT (Government Services) to join our dynamic team in the Washington, D.C., area!
The Managing Director, Health IT, is responsible for all aspects of the technical quality, management, and profitability of the company’s IT business line. This position assists in implementing corporate mission and vision statements; facilitates efficient operation of the IT division by establishing goals, assigning tasks, and monitoring accomplishments. Additionally, this role involves soliciting, developing, and maintaining clients, in addition to providing fiscal management and planning, including, but not limited to, assisting in preparing the budget for the IT division. Our business is all within the VA and Federal Government, so experience in both areas is required.
The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO and COO to develop and implement overall strategy and policy; represent the company internally and externally; provide operational oversight for IT business unit; develop a deep knowledge of each project and program to effectively promote our services; serve as principal advisor to the CEO on the latest developments in the technology industry; and liaise directly with relevant internal divisions, members, and industry stakeholders.
Inspiring others must be second nature to the Managing Director, Health IT. Qualities such as leadership and accountability and the ability to view projects on a micro and macro level also define the position.
Quality Program Responsibility
- Responsible for proper quality assurance and quality control in accordance with our policies and ISO 9001 Quality standard to ensure projects meet company, industry, and client standards and expectations
- Hold team members and reviewers accountable to the standard for quality
- Verify and ensure brainstorming is occurring for all projects and participate in collaboration as appropriate
- Ensure quality control is being implemented on sub-consultant work product
- Accountable for the quality of work performed by employees on different projects
- Perform annual reviews for all employees in IT business unit
Education and Experience
- BS from an accredited college or university
- PMP preferred
- 15+ years of diversified management experience, with at least 10 years of experience been in a supervisory or management capacity in Health IT or IT, consisting of planning, designing, and creating IT projects within the Federal government / VA space
- Knowledge of business management and operations
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and analyze emerging issues and develop solutions proven strategic planning and leadership skills
- Ability to forge alliances and successfully collaborate with internal and external partners and organizations
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues to a variety of audiences, as well as driving effective partnering with appropriate partner companies
- Innate ability to build strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company
- Accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs, which includes effectively following and adhering to all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions
- Emphasis on proactive monitoring, risk identification, and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s strategy
- Flexibility to travel, as needed