At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here, you will be part of a team that doesn’t just embrace what’s exceptional. It creates exceptional.
The Managing Director, Global Strategic Accounts-Aerospace & Defense is recognized as the leading sales strategist and business expert responsible for the overall success of one or more of our largest strategic technology clients, including end-to-end ownership of client’s revenue and margin growth. With a highly sophisticated understanding of customer needs, technology and competitor offerings this position will drive the digital strategic account strategy collaborating with all of the resources required to succeed while representing the entire range of IRM’s emerging portfolio of technology products and solutions.
As an experienced leader, the role will build lasting executive level relationships with our clients to align their strategic priorities with our IRM solution suite and enable both the client’s and IRM’s growth. Success will ultimately be measured and rewarded by clearly defined key performance measures that include quota attainment, account revenue & margin growth, and customer satisfaction, retention & loyalty.
- Expand strategic relationships with top global partners through the orchestration and execution of strategic account strategies, built on deep understanding of our customers’ business priorities, market trends, and Iron Mountain’s competitive advantages
- Establish trusted advisor status with client’s senior executives, through development and presentation of value-add solutions, driving growth and mind share
- Ensure coordinated execution of cross-functional internal teams to maximize global storage and services revenue, while driving growth across Iron Mountain’s core offerings and growing portfolio of technology solutions
- Qualify opportunities, lead the strategy and quarterback the execution of transformative and dial moving deals, including pricing and contract negotiations-- will also include coordinating and collaborating with the customer and our internal solution architecture and product engineering teams to design and implement a winning solution meeting the customer’s needs
- Continued formal and informal training and development of solution selling skills, product knowledge and keeping abreast of emerging industry trends
- Maintain significant knowledge of customer’s business trends, current macro and micro economic climate, competitive awareness, legislation, market intelligence and potential new business ideas to exploit growth opportunities and provide long-term strategic direction
- Strategic oversight of the coordination of internal resources for key account maintenance activities includes business reviews, and leading successful contract renewals
Functional Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Results-oriented: maximizing the business (Revenue and Margin) within the account; bent on growth; self-motivated and proactively seeking new opportunities with an urgency to move the market quickly
- Executive Presence: creating new and strengthening existing executive level relationships to deeply understand motivations and preempt competitive inroads; coordinate the account team appropriately. Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Collaborative: internal team building to get the right people involved at the right time to produce the best outcomes; lead planning sessions that identify, qualify, position and close large strategic, transformative technology based solution deals
- Cross-functional, regional collaboration skill-set and excellent executive communications skills. Ability to navigate and collaborate across a large global organization and deal with ambiguity
- Program Management: working with the account management team, organizes the process to capture new Revenue from the customer; organize the cross-functional plan, the team required, and ensures things are done to completion. Build accountability into every plan, from the account plan to individual projects
- Customer Obsessed: expert at opportunity qualification in order to validate “fit for purpose” application of IRM’s offerings against defined customer strategic requirements. Strong presentation skills displaying complex solutions and business case frameworks internally, and in the course of client presentations
- Bachelors in Business Administration or related field required, MBA preferred
- 10+ year’s technology sales experience, positioning BPM and digital solutions across large, complex accounts, with a proven record of accomplishment
- Proven Experience and success selling large technology based solutions related to BI, Analytics, Electronic Content Management, Information Management, Business Process Management, Process Automation or other related software and services
- Experience selling Cloud integrated solutions with an emphasis on Software as a Service related to the technology services mentioned above
- Understanding of general regulations and standards related to digital information management, security and privacy including SOC, ISO, NIST-800, GDPR,CCPA, PCI DSS, COPPA, FRCP and DPA as well as vertical specific regulations, based on account assignments, such as HIPAA, HITECH, SOX, Sarbanes Oxley, GLBA,FFIEC, NERC etc.
- High level understanding of modern application deployment including service oriented and API driven architectures
- High level understanding of data management best practices including data security, protection and lifecycle management for both structured and unstructured data
- Proven history of establishing and developing strong partnerships with VP/SVP/EVP/CEO level contacts
- Expertise in one (or more) of the following sectors; Financial Services, Energy, Technology or Life Sciences
- Experience as strategic account lead for a large and complex global organization, managing relationships with Fortune 100 level customer
- Experience working across all levels of a highly matrixed global organization.