- WHO WE ARE
- WHAT WE DO
- Investor Relations
- NEWS ROOM
- Financial Consultants
- Grads and Students
- Careers Home > Back to Search Results
- > Job Details
Managing Director, Financial Crimes Risk Management, Training
Current Schwab Employees:
Visit the Schweb to apply for
Job ID:20190207-759Job Category:Risk ManagementRelevant Work Experience:Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Regulatory, Risk Analysis, ComplianceCurrent Licenses / Certifications:NonePosition Located In:AZ - Phoenix, TX - WestlakeEducation:HS/GEDJob Type:Full TimeDescription:
Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established byChuckover 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As part of Corporate Risk Management, the Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) Team, which includes the Corporate Anti-Money Laundering Department (AML) and Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), assists across the firm in the assessment of risk presented to our business units and in the affirmative commitment to comply with all laws and regulations governing the identification and reporting of suspected money laundering activities, and activities prohibited by OFAC laws and regulations. The department performs, among other responsibilities, AML transaction monitoring and SAR filing, OFAC screening, as well as advisory and control functions. FCRM is also responsible for Fraud, Anti-Bribery/Corruption, Conduct matters and Training.
What you’ll do:
As a direct report to the Managing Director of the FIU, you will be tasked with the strategy, development and implementation of the BSA/AML/OFAC Department Training Plan, which is informed by Audit and Regulatory findings, FCRM Testing observations, BSA/AML/OFAC Risk Assessment results, and other factors. The Training Managing Director will manage all program requirements, including ensuring that targeted training is completed within the prescribed timeframe and confirm that training is properly delivered on an ongoing basis. The role will require broad subject matter knowledge in BSA/AML and OFAC compliance, an ability to think strategically about risk, and an enthusiasm to identify opportunities to enhance training within the department as well as across the enterprise.
Other responsibilities include:
- Collaborate and coordinate with various Human Resource components such as Learning and Organizational Development/Risk and Regulatory Training to build a centralized training platform for use across the Firm.
- Design and develop Best Practice guidelines to standardize and expand training.
- Identify new methods to effectively and efficiently deliver training.
- Design, develop, facilitate, and coordinate BSA/AML/OFAC employee training and education for Schwab employees.
- Assist in the firm’s BSA/AML/OFAC training needs assessment process and development of an annual training plan that identifies and tracks targeted AML training completion.
- Enhance the enterprise-wide BSA/AML training program by partnering closely with business units and internal departments to develop tailored, specialized and appropriate materials.
- Develop and implement a systematic approach to review programs for effectiveness, as well as streamline programs offered, with the overall goal of developing a set of training programs that consistently deliver results aligned with the Department’s strategies and goals. Trainings created and delivered on emerging financial crimes trends and their red flags may include e-learning modules and PowerPoint presentations.
- Monitor training initiatives, recommending improvements of delivered programs to ensure effectiveness. Coordinates on-the-job training with managers, as needed, providing feedback to mentors.
- Assist in the execution of the annual regulatory training in conjunction with partners.
- Use a high level of subject matter expertise and experience to identify BSA/AML/OFAC training opportunities to reduce risk and ensure proper controls, procedures, processes are in place and effective.
What you have:
- Experience in the financial services industry (broker dealer and/or banking) with in-depth awareness of BSA/AML compliance or Risk Management, the current anti-money laundering regulatory landscape and criminal activity relevant to securities businesses such as securities fraud, insider trading, and market manipulation among others.
- Experience working with a variety of regulatory agencies to include the Federal Reserve Bank, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Securities and Exchange Commission, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, etc.
- Experience effectively collaborating with disparate components to implement enterprise wide initiatives.
- Experience conducting a training needs assessment and development of an annual training plan that identifies and tracks targeted training completion.
- Experience in the design, development, facilitation, and coordination of employee training.
- Ability to expand and centralize Schwab’s law enforcement and peer firm engagement.
- Experience working with e-learning modules and PowerPoint.
- Results-oriented and able to quickly sort through information and develop concise and clear strategies and solutions.
- An ability to understand business line operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls.
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team while balancing competing priorities, workload and deadlines.
- Seven to ten years of experience in an applicable risk management environment.
- Master's Degree considered a plus.
- Certified AML Specialist (CAMS) and/or Certified Financial Crime Specialist (ACFCS).
- Fraud and Cybersecurity knowledge considered a plus.