Asset Management Client Solutions (“AMCS”) is responsible for managing Schwab’s third party product platforms to deliver a robust client experience while growing a revenue stream vital to Schwab’s overall financial health. AMCS develops new products and services for clients, maintains broad product offers, and facilitates effective working relationships between third party providers and the employee groups who work directly with clients. Collectively AMCS manages five product platforms including:
- Mutual funds & 529: The first and still the largest platform at Schwab.
- Managed accounts: The most comprehensive and fastest growing SMA platform in the industry.
- Alternative Investments: A growing platform enabling clients to invest in assets such as real estate, private equity, hedge funds, structured products, and commodities.
- ETFs: The largest and most rapidly growing ETF platform in the industry.
- Insurance: A developing platform becoming more critical in meeting client needs with retirement and risk management.
- Fixed Income: An industry leading product platform and a large team of sales & service professionals, the Fixed Income team plays a significant role in driving asset growth for both our Advisor and Retail.
As Managing Director, ETF OneSource Platform, you have the opportunity to lead the team responsible for Schwab’s industry-leading commission-free ETF offer. Serving both individual investors and registered investment advisors (RIAs), ETF OneSource is a critical component of our ETF platform, driving both client satisfaction and new-to-firm households. The Managing Director will advance our leadership position in the industry and continually identify opportunities to further elevate ETF OneSource and the ETF Platform as a whole.
What you’ll do:
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a strategic roadmap to expand the commission-free ETF offer, including an implementation and execution plan.
- Manage relationships with third-party ETF providers, including contract negotiations for those participating on ETF OneSource.
- Evolve the long-term strategy and business model for Schwab’s ETF platform focused on sustainable monetization of ETFs and ensuring a proactive approach to industry trends and dynamics.
- Improve the foundational infrastructure to support ETF OneSource, including billing and reporting functions
- Manage a team of one to two Senior Managers responsible for a variety of ongoing and project-driven initiatives.
- Partner closely with other product teams, technology, marketing and operations groups, compliance, and corporate counsel, in the planning and execution of key projects.
- Ensure processes and procedures supporting all functions of the ETF OneSource platform are maintained to minimize risk to the firm.
- Manage and continually improve platform policies to ensure alignment with client needs and to drive efficiency and scale in platform maintenance.
What you have:
- Proven experience delivering results in an environment that requires influencing and cross-organizational support to achieve success.
- Strong communication skills, comfort creating and delivering strategic presentations to varying audiences, including clients, business partners, and senior executives.
- Analytical mindset that drives towards data-driven answers and is comfortable working withfinance and data teams to create insightful and strategic analyses.
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape in the financial services industry, especially as it relates to asset management and related product solutions, particularly ETFs.
- Strong understanding of key partner functions such as product management, trading, operations, marketing, supervision, and compliance.
- Strong emotional intelligence/maturity and leadership presence.
- Proactively confronts challenges and is able to make tough choices while confidently communicating difficult messages with transparency and candor.
- Highly collaborative and relationship-oriented; thrives on initiating, building and cultivating strong authentic relationships inside and outside the group; navigates and activates alignment across organizations.
- BA/BS degree; MBApreferred; Series 7 license preferred