Charles Schwab's Digital Services (DS) division is responsible for leading digital disruption on behalf of investors and advisors. The Digital Services Strategy group provides members with an unparalleled opportunity to define and work on the business's digital strategic opportunities while gaining visibility among the firm's senior leadership. The goals of the group are to deliver world-class strategy; conduct clear, consistent, fact-based analysis to inform key business decisions; and drive the allocation of scarce resources to the highest-value issues across Schwab.
We are looking for a Managing Director to lead the Digital Services Strategy team and shape the strategic direction of the division. The Digital Services Strategy team is responsible for driving key strategic projects. Examples of past projects include: digital retail investor strategy, revenue strategy, digital banking experience strategy, etc. Additionally, the team manages core functions for the Digital Services division including strategic planning, chief of staff functions in support to the Chief Digital Officer and high-priority team engagement initiatives (e.g., Diversity & Inclusion). The team works closely with the Digital Services executive team to align priorities and shape the direction of the division. The team also collaborates closely with partners from the Innovation Accelerator, Investor Services, Advisor Services, Technology, Data, Analytics & Insight and Finance.
Are you interested in the intersection of digital and financial services and creating a great client experience? Are you interested in helping us build the future of a great digital investing experience? Do you have passion and experience in strategy? We would love to talk to you about this role!What you are good at
What you have
- Contribute to the Digital Services strategic vision articulation and the definition of digital priorities
- Identify priorities, in alignment with DS leadership, and provide strategic leadership and resources to high-priority projects and initiatives
- Lead key strategic projects with a team of strategy project managers and analysts. Own the strategy development from beginning to end: scope the project, perform research (e.g. client research, competitive analysis, etc.), develop strategic frameworks and analyses (e.g. projections, sizing) and engage the appropriate stakeholders
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Digital strategic trends in Financial Services
- Lead strategic planning functions for Digital Services including the development of business plans as well as the DS input to Schwab's long term corporate strategic plan
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations to share the divisions' strategic priorities with varied audiences, from executives in partner organizations to division employees
- Minimum 6+ years in business strategy experience, preferably in consulting or internal strategy group, and a minimum of 10+ years of total work experience
- Prior experience in digital and / or financial services preferred
- Strategy thinker with strong business judgment and analytical skills, who is able to problem solve as issues arise
- Curiosity and a love of exploring market research, industry trends, innovation trends for product development, technology, etc.
- People Management skills including proven ability to coach, develop and build a high-performing team
- Leadership skills including executive presence, ability to develop and share a point of view, ability to create alignment
- Written and verbal communication skills, including proven ability to succinctly synthesize data, develop recommendations, create presentations, and break down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of audiences, at all levels
- A client-centric focus - keeps clients in forefront of decisions, connects plans and actions to our purpose of serving clients
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment