Charles Schwab Digital Services (DS) is responsible for delivering innovative, best-in-class solutions. We are obsessed with solving customer needs. We want every interaction to be simple and easy. We collaborate with user experience and design, business and technology partners across the enterprise to build software experiences our users’ are passionate about. Our mission is to significantly advance Schwab’s digital and data capabilities to drive firm growth, client loyalty, and operating leverage.
This Managing Director, Testing and Audit Support, will direct the development and implementation of strategies that supports the testing and examination of the Digital Services business. Accountable for the quality of results from work produced by the team. Oversees a team responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of risk and compliance management programs in the first line of defense. Ensures the overall effectiveness and adherence to the governance of the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls and is accountable for the development and mentoring of a high performing team responsible for risk and control self-assessments, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, market conduct exams, and monitoring the first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment.
What you’ll do:
Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk analytics and operations in the business, this role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Operational Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Internal Audit, and Regulators, to supportrisk and compliance based initiatives across Digital Services. You will be responsible for ensuring adherence to the governance of the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, regulatory exams, and monitoring the first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Responsibilities will also include leveraging risk assessment data, and identifying key data-driven insights tied to the first line of defense.
- Testing,Audit, and Exam Program
- Oversee and manage changes to the Audit and Exam process(es), methodology, and guiding principles
- Create, access and update workflow diagrams for Audit and Exam process(es)
- Formalize Digital Services Audit and Exam Program and ensure alignment with the parent Regulatory Management program
- Establish process and cadence for audit and exam readiness activities
- Develop workflow to streamline Audit and Exam procedures
- Enhance program dashboard, scorecard, and metrics associated with reporting program performance related to Audit and Exam work to senior management
- Mature and enhance Audit and Exam Tracking system
- Testing,Audits, and Exams
- Ensure the preparation of story decks that crisply and effectively relay the story on the requested topic(s) of the various elements Digital Services program covers
- Respond to audit and regulatory inquiries
- Monitor and maintain the Audit and Exam Tracking system to ensure responses are accurate and timely
- Other Essential Duties include:
- Build strong relationships and partner with various departments across Banking and Trust Services, Risk Groups, Legal
- Overseeing the team that interfaces with regulatory reviews, collection of data and materials for regulators or internal audit.
- Provides guidance to business units regarding the controls to address strategic, operational, financial and regulatory risks.
- Responsible for the governance, administration of the organization’s compliance and operational documents.
- Stays abreast of industry regulatory developments; keeps Senior Leadership apprised of changes and developments.
- Manages two or more teams or functions in establishing goals and objectives, setting performance levels, ensuring sufficiency of resources and matching talent to business needs. Coaches and counsels personnel to facilitate professional development.
- Direct staff and initiatives that supportrisk management programs, to include governance support, risk oversight, riskinfrastructure development, identification, quantification, and aggregation of key and emerging risks and/or operational risks and controls.
- Build and manage a high performing team of risk professionals through recruitment, training, coaching, and performance management and related managerial activities.
- Provide leadership within and across teams/business
- Conduct active and ongoing talent and performance management and development
What you have:
- Bachelor's degreerequired, Master’s preferred
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment and interfacing with regulators and auditors
- Preferably 10+ years of experience in an IT, Project Management, Operational Risk Management, Compliance, and/or IT auditing role
- Strong foundation in Project & Risk Management
- Previous experience in the Financial Services industry
- Demonstrated success working within Risk Management Programs
- Knowledge of law and regulations surrounding the financial services sector is a plus
- Ability to recognize barriers and resolve them effectively
- Ability to adjust communication style/content to interact with IT, business professionals, and regulators
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, prioritization, facilitation, influencing, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with technical writing or development of formal policies and/or procedures
- Experience in the mapping of processes, risks, and controls.
- Experience developing a framework and standards to independently monitor and evaluate risk and controls.