What you’ll do:
The Managing Director sets the vision for a large team of product owners who must modernize and simplify an existing platform while continuing to deliver multi-domain initiatives efficiently. You work cross-functionally with senior leaders from other Schwab business units and technology teams. The candidate will ensure a strategic view for supporting new business lines and improving current processes.
This role requires the passion to understand complex system interactions with the end goal of delivering client value across all Schwab enterprises at scale.
In addition, this role is responsible for leading the multi-year modernization effort for the Offer Management platform as we transition from mainframe to a corporate cloud strategy.
Projects are often broad in scope and require creativity and world-class strategic thinking, as well as strong product management and leadership skills. The successful candidate must be energetic and enthusiastic about leading a team of product owners and also have experience with complex platform management. They will be self-motivated, results oriented and able to independently lead major strategic initiatives. Strong client-focus, both internal and external, is a must.
What you have:
- Proven track record of building complex relationships and partnerships that generate high value
- Curiosity, a can-do attitude and the ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and ability to track multiple project deliverables with minimal direction
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to make decisions and progress in the face of ambiguous and at times overlapping priorities; i.e. Managing to fixed scope and date scenarios
- Highly developed communication and presentations skills with a superior ability to effectively communicate and present complex concepts and issues to leadership teams in a highly compelling, persuasive, fact-based manner.
- Highly skilled at working cross functionally with technology, service, marketing and product teams to create, implement and evolve our client experiences
- Familiarity with agile development methodology
- 8+ years’ experience product management or program management experience providing end-to-end business direction
- 3+ years’ experience people management; proven track record of building and inspiring high-performing teams
- Bachelor's degree required. Post graduate degree is a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life