The American Diabetes Association (ADA) is seeking an experienced strategic development professional to develop and steward national corporate relationships. Primary duties of the Managing Director of Corporate Alliances-Healthcare Organizations will include the development and stewardship of existing and new corporate partners. This individual will identify new opportunities to grow portfolio engagement to increase revenue, including, corporate partnerships, commercial co-ventures, social enterprises, and sponsorships. Successful candidate will manage and steward a portfolio of corporate relationships and work cross functionally (with home office, market and regional staff) to drive growth to achieve our mission and revenue goals. This position is accountable for significant revenue targets and will influence the strategic implementation of nationwide initiatives. Through effective leadership, creativity and a strong business acumen, this candidate will increase corporate relationships, meet/exceed national fundraising goals, and build awareness for the American Diabetes Association.
The ideal candidate must have a proven track-record of success in health care sales and account management and/or corporate fundraising, cause marketing, development of commercial co-ventures/social enterprises and/or sales and relationship management. Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position. The candidate must have the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and achieve results in a team environment.
- Provide strategic leadership, creating and executing fundraising strategies to raise a minimum of $2 million annually from corporations; work to grow additional avenues of corporate revenue.
- Support development of an annual business plan to meet financial targets
- Serve as a key member of the development team influencing and driving strategy, relationships and best practices to accomplish national financial goals
- Accountable to develop and steward a portfolio of relationships from the corporate community to provide funding for our mission (sponsorship, retail campaigns, event teams, grants, donations, and other partnerships)
- Develop revenue projections and financial analysis
- Oversee stewardship activities; ensure a high-touch response to partners.
- Explore appropriate licensing activities and special promotions with Corporate Partners.
- Deliver high quality customer service to all constituents
- Ensure compliance with ADA policies, including, risk management, and financial controls
- Demonstrate integrity, collaboration and stewardship
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years of non-profit, fundraising and/or health care sales experience preferred
- Established success in fundraising, non-profit leadership and/or sales
- Track-record of success in account management and developing corporate partnerships which exceeded revenue targets
- Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts
- Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities
- Ability to manage and motivate groups and individuals
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Self- starter with an entrepreneurial drive
- Proficient in computer-based information systems
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Ability to travel – 30-35%