Who you will be working with:
The Managing Director will play a critical role in our growth as one of the senior leaders responsible for working with our health plan clients to realize targeted engagement, clinical and economic outcomes.
The Managing Director, Clinical Operations will be a senior leader in Evolent Health. This individual will be responsible for overseeing operations of Evolent’s care management programs in local ACO markets and delivering program results.
This role will have management responsibilities for the Senior Directors of Clinical Operations and their care management teams in each local market and report directly to the Vice President, ACO Solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Direct the operations of Evolent’s clinical programs for assigned markets, guiding the priorities and activities of the Sr. Driectors of Clinical Operations at each market and their teams;
- Partner with Managing Director, Clinical Strategy and Performance, Payer Partnerships to translate local market performance targets and expectations into operational plans and address team and individual performance improvement opportunities.
- Ensure execution of disciplined, consistent performance management process for clinical programs on a week to week basis, including team and individual performance monitoring
- Build and maintain strong client relationships with local market and EVH Solution leadership at all levels, building credibility and garnering crucial support for the local Clinical Operations teams.
- Master the company’s population analytics, stratification and workflow technology platform and imparts this knowledge to the care management organization, ensuring that staff follows the policies and processes embedded therein.
- Serves as a change agent for and advisor to local health system staff, physicians, nurses and other clinical staff to assist them on their conversion to value-based care.
- Support planning and execution of network performance initiatives across local markets as applicable; work with SDs and local leaders to support consistent execution and high levels of performance.
- Support the identification and adoption of best practices for patient engagement and program operations across markets; actively participate in broad based performance improvement efforts, Solution Learning Collaboratives and local market operations reviews to support this process.
- Support Senior Directors of Clinical Ops in interfacing and communicating with clients and stakeholders regarding program performance, progress on implementing clinical initiatives and addressing barriers to optimize performance.
The Experience You'll Need (Required):
- 8-10 years of clinical staff management experience in a population management or managed care/insurance or hospital case management department setting
- Minimum of 4 years of operational management experience in a clinical setting
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Sophisticated knowledge of clinical operations in managed care, including quality management, outcomes, provider network, claims, financial management, care management policies, disease state and population management, members’ rights and responsibilities, and ability to quickly assess client practices.
- Nursing background or equivalent clinical credential
- Experience in consulting or services organizations with a proven ability to manage client relationships and achieve change within another organization.
- Desire for and capability to drive toward and achieve a high standard of quality and results
- Working knowledge of clinical quality metrics such as HEDIS, NCQA or National Quality Forum type metrics.
- Entrepreneurial mindset geared toward the creation, execution and continuous improvement of a new care management model from the ground up.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with sensitivity toward client needs and critical deadlines.
- Intellectual curiosity and an ability to view old problems with a fresh perspective.
- Ability to understand the workflow of the multiple components of the company and client, and to assist in the creation and implementation of integrated policies, procedures, work plans and creative solutions.
- Experience in project management and process improvement.
- Experience in data analytics (preferably population analytics), and use thereof to target opportunities.
- Ability to attract, manage and develop staff of superlative quality
- Excellent written, computer, and oral communication skills.