This position is with Evernorth, a new business within the Cigna Corporation
We are currently seeking a Managing Director, Category and Segment Marketing for Evernorth - Cigna's Health Services business segment. The ideal candidate will help drive the organization forward as part of a transformational team as we look to further our progress in caring for our customers' whole person health - both mind and body - in ways that are affordable, predictable, and simple, as well as to help accelerate expansion of our Health Services business. Reporting to Cigna's SVP Business Marketing, this leader is a senior marketing executive for the company's Health Services business segment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the creation and development of a comprehensive multi-channel marketing strategy that aligns with enterprise goals and fuels growth through Cigna's Health Services platform including pharmacy and medical benefit management (PBM/MBM) services, pharmacy services, care solutions, and growing array of new offerings and partnerships. Using a modern marketing approach, the candidate will leverage their B2B and D2C experience along with forward-looking market trends and data-driven insights to position the business for success. The portfolio of work will require engagement with diverse stakeholders including consumers/patients, employers, brokers and health care providers. The candidate will be accountable for planning and programs that drive new business, enhance client and customer satisfaction, and support market retention and expansion.
The SVP Marketing and his/her team will look for opportunities in the challenges posed by market forces, regulatory environments, consumer needs and developments in medical care. S/he will serve as a strategic and proactive thought-partner and collaborate with the business, cross-segment marketing teams and Centers of Excellence (including Brand, Marketing Insights, customer relationship management (CRM), Marketing Operations and Communications). The successful leader will exemplify Cigna's high-performance culture and have the ability to operate in a sometimes ambiguous environment. Must be comfortable in an environment of dynamic change and evolution .
- Create brand strategy and management activities for Evernorth, with responsibility for portfolio marketing and messaging across capability areas.
- Lead Evernorth brand and portfolio initiatives. Manage brand and brand governance across solution marketing, capability areas, omnichannel programs, and marketing teams.
- Manage capability area, brand, and portfolio level content needs. Identify channel content requirements. Liase to COEs and/or agencies to direct execution of personalized marketing content across a variety of channels.
- Manage content processes, oversee/partner with COE or agency content production requirements. Responsible for Evernorth content management, template, personalization, and content reuse requirements.
- Work with capability area sales team to define product training, support material, and tool requirements.
- Responsible for developing capability area and product level marketing requirements, GTM plan, and priorities.
- Coordinate to ensure product-level marketing needs are identified and incorporated into GTM efforts.
- Responsible for designing and managing oversight of omnichannel marketing campaigns across Evernorth and delivered by COE or agency vendors.
- Work with account-responsible teams, develop account-specific segmentation, messaging, campaign, and channel strategies (1:1, 1:Few, 1:Many). Work across sales, solutions marketing, brand & portfolio, and capability area teams to rationalize and coordinate outreach efforts to core target accounts/segments.
- Manage demand generation and core ABM execution. Liaise with sales teams to guide and improve lead generation, conversion, scoring, integration, processes, and reporting.
- Lead channel innovation and emerging channel identification to influence future campaign planning, allocations, strategy, and execution. Define, develop and implement modern marketing processes including digital marketing, design thinking, marketing automation, predictive analytics and omni-channel program delivery.
- Foster relationships with customers, clients, patients, partners, providers and internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for CRM for the business.
- Ensure compliance with global brand standards in a locally relevant manner.
- Identify, create and report on metrics and milestones to measure success, determine return on investments (ROI) and find opportunities to drive improvement, including brand valuation metrics.
- Attract, develop and inspire a high-performing team.
- Reach diverse audiences including: clients, providers and business partners; brokers and prospects; community members; external sponsors; vendors and agency partners; the media / public.
- Travel as needed - could be 50%
The ideal marketing executive will have significant experience building and leading successful teams in a sophisticated and highly-matrixed environment. S/he will be a strategic thinker, with a combination of technical knowledge and a track record of partnering effectively with business leaders.
Credibility, humility and self-awareness are essential in this role in order to influence and gain support from senior executives. S/he will have a strong and pragmatic approach, and be comfortable managing complex initiatives from inception through execution. In line with Cigna's mission and focus on customer centricity, this leader must demonstrate a passion for understanding and assessing the needs of different customer groups (customers, patients, clients, partners, and communities) in a B2B and B2B2C environment. S/he will also be able to inspire, communicate and lead by example.
While the candidate may come from a variety of industries, specific experience in regulated businesses (healthcare or financial services) or technology is preferred.
Key performance and personal competencies required for the position are as follows:
Experience and Knowledge
- Combines strong business and sales acumen with analytic skills and marketing insights to drive growth, offer innovative solutions to problems, and to meet customer-driven business objectives.
- Deep understanding of marketing sponsorships, broadcast/multi-media, social media environments, media relations and digital, including web site and mobile.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing technology, lead generation/management and sales enablement in a B2B and B2C environment preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of utilizing market/consumer research and competitive intelligence to gain insights that influence the direction or marketing approach of the business and lead to innovative opportunities that increase market share.
- Background in healthcare (a health plan, PBM, specialty pharmacy or provider setting) is desirable.
- Successful results leveraging data and analytics to gain actionable insights that enable product/solution development and business growth.
- Experience partnering with product development to create marketing plans for new offerings.
- Proven track record of meeting strategic growth goals and targets, and crafting compelling messages that build brand equity.
- Solid experience formulating and managing a large marketing budget, identifying target segments, optimizing media selection and ad placement/timing.
- Penchant for seeking and analyzing data from a variety of sources to support decisions and align others with the organization's overall strategy.
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry.
- Able to balance the need for broad change with an understanding of how much change the organization is capable of handling, to create realistic goals and implement plans that are achievable and successful.
- Sets clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance; tenacious and accountable in driving results.
- A risk-taker who seeks data and input from others to foresee possible threats or unintended circumstances from decisions; someone who takes smart risks.
- A leader who others view as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in his/her approach to making decisions; the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always taking into account what is best for the organization.
- Able to attract and recruit top talent, motivate the team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity within the team and manage performance; widely viewed as a strong developer of others.
- The ability to persevere in the face of challenges and organizational change, and exhibit a steadfast resolve and relentless commitment to higher standards, which commands respect from followers.
- A leader who is self-reflective, humble and leads by example; drives the organization's performance with an attitude of continuous improvement by being open to feedback and critique.
Relationships and Influence
- Creates a sense of purpose and meaning for the team that generates followership beyond his/her own personality and engages others to advance the company's greater purpose.
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- An ability to inspire trust and followership in others through compelling influence, powerful charisma, passion in his/her beliefs, and active drive.
PREFERRED LOCATION: St. Louis, MO (preferred), Bloomfield, CT
- Bachelor's in Marketing; MBA is a plus
- 15+ years in Marketing with minimum of 5 years at a senior level (managing large teams, complex brand/distribution environments)
- Experience managing brand strategy, media, creative, customer acquisition & retention, digital/ecommerce marketing
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.