The Managing Director of the Business Information and Analytics Center (BIAC) leads outreach activities both within Purdue University and businesses across Indiana, the nation, and the globe in an effort to develop and grow strategic applied analytics efforts to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of business operations. This position may be filled as either part-time (25 hours/week) with the opportunity to grow to full time. Funding beyond January 2021 will be dependent on the success of the center. Benefits do apply. The Director may be asked to teach 2-4 credits of academic course work per year.
- Master's degree in STEM disciplines.
- Four years of relevant experience in project management or project implementations in a corporate environment.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of required education and related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with top-level executives in a business environment.
- Proven project/program management skills and corresponding outcomes.
- PhD in STEM disciplines.
- Hands-on experience with new approaches to analytics.
- Professional experience in senior management.
- Experience in international management.
- Prior teaching/training experience as it related to analytics.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Occasional evenings, weekends, and overnight travel may be required including international travel.
- Purdue will not sponsor a work related visa for this position.
- A background check is required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
- Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.