Description: Phoenix - AZ, PHX4750A, 4750 E Francisco, 85044-5359
Marianna Christine Caporuscio
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny.
We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity.
We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve.
We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day.
We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success.
We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed. As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our Opportunity: The Managing Director of Bank Operations provides strategic and execution leadership for the development and implementation of dedicated Bank service teams, primarily through specialty lending and concierge teams and indirectly through inter-affiliate provided services. This includes leadership across direct report teams covering the Bank's pledged asset lending (PAL) products and home lending products. It also includes leadership of complex inter-affiliate relationships that are also highly leveraged in supporting the services and solutions offered through the Bank. These inter-affiliate providers include key services supporting the client experience for the Bank's deposits, lending, and trust products. This role is responsible for ensuring high service levels are sustained for the Bank. The day-to-day activities of the direct report teams include originating and servicing lending products and serving as a single point of contact for all clients, employees, and internal partners interested in learning about or mortgages or other lending products such as our pledged asset product. The teams also handle questions and escalations throughout the entire lending process. A critical deliverable for this role includes developing, managing, and overseeing the Bank's services roadmap for the overall lending support for the Bank, which incorporates the service provided for the Bank clients through its affiliates. This is a detailed description and plan for "how" the Bank will execute successfully day-to-day in its current state, for its planned growth, and in support of its long-term strategic business plan. The Managing Director of Bank Operations is responsible for establishing, maintaining and deepening internal client relationships with key bank business partners and with inter-affiliate service providers. The role must successfully operate in a collaborative team atmosphere to build upon and leverage strong internal and external networks.
What you'll do:
- Operational Satisfaction & Problem Solving: More than just managing a concierge loan processing team or client service unit for other lending products, this role must ensure the Bank's entire service model continues to meet and exceed client experience expectations and that they are meeting unique banking laws and regulatory requirements.
- Delivers positive results regardless of circumstances, utilizing the right mix of analysis, instinct, agility, and urgency
- Lead and oversee the day-to-day activities of all Lending and Mortgage Concierge Team responsibilities, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, quality, effectiveness of internal controls and compliance of all transactions and key processes
- Through high quality operations and process execution, deliver a premier, client-focused experience for the banks
- Oversee direct team functions in all areas including origination, servicing, transaction processing, exception processing, regulatory compliance, reporting, management, and system monitoring
- Ensure effective regulatory processing
- Pinpoint problems quickly and identify the best solutions, proactively crafting and driving improvement opportunities in our overall service and support model
- Organize, prioritize, and deliver on multiple priorities in an often fast-paced environment
- Exhibit a deep and broad business acumen, demonstrating a perspective that is much broader than one function or unit. Possess and exhibit knowledge of all day-to-day responsibilities to ensure risks are easily identified, documented and mitigated
- Deal effectively with concrete and tangible issues as well as with abstract and conceptual matters
- Strong desire to partner with peers and business partners to collaborate around efficiency opportunities
- Strategy and Execution:This role is responsible for developing and maintaining the Schwab Bank Services Roadmap, which is the underlying strategic detail of how to ensure the bank's service model supports the bank's current business as well as the bank's Long-Term Strategic Business Plan, which includes continued strong growth. Key components of this strategy include but are not limited to:
- Create innovative, compelling business plans
- Identify and drive service model synergies and opportunities for improvements
- Develop and maintain service models documentation, including organization design and process mapping
- Partner with other senior level roles across the firm in order to accomplish the service goals for the Bank
- Serve as a lead contact on Bank Lending topics, projects and initiatives
- Leadership and Followership: This leader should establish a strong leadership brand that drives engaged employees and attracts top talent. This includes fostering an open environment, proactively working with teams on development and performance, anticipating barriers and then working to remove obstacles that impact their team. Peer partnership and leadership is key in the collaborative environment.
- Reporting: This role requires frequent interactions with executive and senior levels of leadership at the Bank, across the firm, and across the industry. This role must be able to develop a compelling message and create their own written communications (including business cases, metrics, and other reporting) to support those interactions. The reporting activities, related cross-enterprise activities, and traits of success include but are not limited to:
- Translate strategies into specific goals, tactics and actions, and communicates them crisply
- Document, execute, and report on oversight and supervision activities
- Develop and maintain key performance and key risk metrics to manage the business day-to-day and to support long-term strategic planning and decision making
What you have:
- 7 Years (minimum) of demonstrated effective people leadership skills in a team-based culture
- Demonstrated deep and broad experience in leading operational service teams (specific lending operations experience a plus)
- Proven business perspective broader than just lending or operations
- Proven executive communication skills - exhibiting talent and knowledge in creating and delivering compelling business plans
- Change agent with proven experience in developing & implementing strategies including proven experience in change management/execution
- Passionate leader, able to build a strong culture and followership - inspirational leader with charisma and professional presence
- Able to balance risk management with strategic growth and the client experience
- Must exhibit excellent business acumen, able to quickly understand all key aspects of the business and make sound business decisions - detail orientation is critical to success
- Ability to communicate crisply and concisely in both verbal and written formats
- Able to build strong relationships throughout the organization and to navigate a matrixed business environment
- Strong knowledge of financial services industry, including products, systems, and regulations
- Proven record with developing metrics, tracking and measuring results, and creating compelling reporting
- Ability to seek input and ideas from other in order to leverage enterprise-wide capabilities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to research problems, determine root causes, and develop solutions - coaching and teaching others to do the same
- Bachelor's degree preferred
What you'll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. ( Please click here to see policy .) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535 .
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: Banking-6+ yrs Position Located In: AZ - Phoenix Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Expiration Date: Friday, May 17, 2019