As the Managing Director of Alumni Impact, you will play a critical role in catalyzing our alumni community towards collective action with our students, families, and the broader community through an anti-oppressive liberatory lens and culturally responsive leadership. You will lead and manage a team of two people. You will create sustaining systems and structures for accountability and communication for the alumni sub-team. You will continue to fortify our current partnerships with other influential organizations across our ecosystem and initiate new opportunities for partnership and impact in the work of educational equity. As a team leader, you will exemplify both our Teach For America and Las Vegas Valley cultural values while influencing and leading in our region.
There are more than 16 million children growing up in poverty in the U.S., and less than 10 percent of them will graduate from college. These statistics are not a reflection of our children’s potential; we know that children growing up in poverty can and do achieve at the highest levels. Rather, these statistics reflect the systemic lack of access and opportunity for children in low-income communities.
Teach For America’s (TFA) mission is to find, develop, and support a diverse network of leaders committed to expanding opportunity for children from classrooms, schools, and every sector and field that shapes the broader systems in which schools operate. We are seeking individuals who align with our mission, core values and commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusiveness and are ready to join us in this global movement.
- Create a clear vision, strategic plan, and metrics to reach the mission, vision, and charge of the Teach For America - Las Vegas Valley (TFA-LVV) region, program continuum and alumni work specifically to exceed the National Breakthrough Goals and aligned to our regional 2025 Plan.
- Manage and coach the Director, Alumni Impact and Manager, Alumni Impact from a culturally responsive leadership lens towards reaching their individual and broader Alumni sub-team goals
- Manage the Alumni budget to ensure the fiscal health and expansive innovative opportunities for corp members and alumni
- Unify and create a system of accountability for recruitment, outreach, and collective action strategies
- Manage timesheet submission and expenses for each member of the Alumni Impact team
- Manage team execution against collective and individual goals and metrics through performance management systems through developing team meeting scope and lead alumni leadership team meetings including quarterly progress to goal stepbacks
- Create and manage an advisory body of TFA-LVV alumni in roles of influence to bring diverse perspectives to inform TFA-LVV strategy and goal
- Manage existing key partnerships with Leadership for Educational Equity, Clark County Education Association, and Opportunity 180
Qualifications: THE MUST HAVES
- 6+ years of work experiencerequired
- 2+ years of managing teams preferred
- Demonstrated results as a teacher preferred
- Demonstrated experience in adult facilitation
- Demonstrated results in vision-setting, strategy creation, and leading culture
- Strong/Exemplary experience creating and managing systems (3+ years of experience)
- Strong evidence of building relationships (BRIO) and culturally competent leadership
- Strong understanding of the Las Vegas Valley educational ecosystem preferred
- Some evenings and weekends
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to motivate and influence people and teams and able to bring joy
- Orient towards and demonstrate regional cultural aspirations and organizational Core Values
- Orient towards diversity, equity, and inclusiveness and culturally responsive leadership
- Strong analytical skills, ability to study array of data to draw accurate conclusions and to inform the team management approach
- Track record of coaching and developing staff members (adult design and facilitation skills; understanding of adult learning principles preferred) and building a strong and inclusive team culture
- Strong decision-making and prioritization skills
- Strong aptitude in cultivating internal and external relationships while laterally managing them toward outcomes
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
This role sits on the Program Continuum Team and drives our regional alumni work. The MD, Alumni Impact also sits on the Program Continuum Leadership Team, At Teach For America Las Vegas Valley, we build off the great impact our corps members, alumni, and broader community is making to work towards a collective vision that is innovative and community-driven if we want to work collaboratively with our constituents to reach ONE DAY. To this end, we embark on the first year of our 2025 Plan, where we root ourselves in the Las Vegas Valley, center on student equity and excellence, and seek change at the systems-level. We deeply care about the students and families we work with, partner with others to iterate and improve our education ecosystem, and lead through our TFA’s core values and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.