CNM LLP is a technical advisory services firm that works with the top local talent on the most comprehensive and intriguing projects for discerning clients ranging from start-ups to closely held mid-market companies to large multi-national Fortune 1000 firms. The CNM reputation is built upon a foundation of professional excellence and trusted relationships and is recognized nationally for commitment to excellence. Employees value the open and honest environment, consistent focus on work life balance and an outstanding culture that is difficult to find anywhere else in the professional services industry. This unwavering attention to providing an exceptional work environment has enabled CNM to be recognized as one of the "Best Places to Work in Los Angeles" for multiple years and named as one of Inc. 5000's "Fastest Growing Private Companies."
We are currently searching for a Director to join our high performing ATS team in Los Angeles. This position is currently remote but will return to our Los Angeles office in a hybrid (60% remote, 40% onsite split) structure later this year. The hybrid (remote/onsite) work environment will allow our people to continue working with the flexibility that they have grown accustomed to over the past year, while also continuing to provide onsite service to our fantastic clients when they reopen. There is local travel throughout Los Angeles only.
- Consult with clients in a variety of industries including consumer products, entertainment, real estate, technology, retail and financial services
- Lead the work on various technical accounting projects including: revenue recognition, business combinations, stock based compensation, debt and equity transactions, IPO readiness, SPAC transactions and other complex technical accounting pronouncements
- Assist in building office capabilities including training and developing a team to successfully manage and exceed client expectations on projects of varying levels of complexity
- Oversee successful project completion by prioritizing Director, Associate Director, Manager and Senior Associate tasks and managing day-to-day aspects of staffing, client relationships and projects
- Build the firm through collaborative practice development efforts and participate in go-to-market teams while meeting established revenue goals
- Ensure that teams are effective and provide thoughtful conflict resolution resources and tools as needed
- Successfully maintain and build thoughtful, proactive, consultative client relationships
- Mentor and develop skill-sets that are consistent with CNM culture including equally high amounts of EQ and IQ for the team
- Negotiate the scope of work, bill rates and budgets for new projects and some recurring projects at existing clients
- Minimum 10 years public accounting experience in external audit, assurance or advisory plus at least 2 years of industry or minimum of 12 years of public accounting/consulting firm experience
- At least 3 years in the Orange County market; able to build consultative, professional relationships locally
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, CPA; Master's or MBA degree
- Demonstrated track record as subject matter expert to advise clients on technical accounting issues
- Deep experience researching and resolving complex accounting issues within the US GAAP structure
- High quality existing relationships with executive ranks (CFO, CEO, COO, CAO, VP of Audit, VP Finance, VP Accounting, Controllers and related)
- Project management of projects including development of project charters and plans; management of project execution and successful implementation of the planned solution
- Hands on experience in process definition, workflow design and process mapping
- Execute and operate in high-pressure, fast-paced environments with the ability to quickly adapt to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work
- Demonstrated record of leadership and effective management in a growing professional services organization; executive presence and ability to act as primary contact on engagements
Path to partnership
- Develop firm growth through practice development at new and existing clients
- Collaborate with Partner group in setting strategic direction and growth of the firm including geographical expansion of new offices, building high performing teams and the identification and addition of complementary services
- Put people first: lead, manage and develop exceptional team members with equal focus on EQ and IQ
CNM LLP offers an excellent base, bonus and incentive compensation package. The benefits package is designed to meet an employee's needs regardless of the stage an employee is at including medical, dental, paid maternity and parental leave, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts for employees and dependents. In addition to paid time off (plus an extra five days off between Christmas and New Year holidays annually for firm-wide shut down), unbelievable social events each summer and winter, technology bonus, health and wellness bonus, cell phone reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens with food, drink and snacks and much, much more. Please reach out to our talent team and we will walk you through why you deserve a career with CNM LLP.
Please note: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.