Abloy serves customers in more than 90 countries worldwide. In international markets, Abloy provides high-security solutions, access management and services for professional end users and commercial & institutional verticals. Abloy has a growing number of international sales units around the globe. The company's head office is located in Joensuu, Finland
Managing Director, Abloy Canada
Purpose of the Job
The Managing Director has an overall responsibility for management, development, sales and operations of the Abloy Canada business, as well as implementation of strategic goals to accelerate growth. To excel in this role you will need a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
This role will be based in Montreal, Quebec Canada and report to Vice President, Abloy International.
- Overall management of the Abloy Canada operation.
- Strategic and business planning of the Sales Unit
- Lead the Canadian sales team and personally manage large key accounts
- Development and execution of the regional growth plans to reach organic growth targets
- Close involvement in developing new key customers and distribution network
- Build and maintain relationships to key market influencers and interest groups
- Work closely with sales personnel as well as key customers to understand their operations, identify opportunities and build a win-win approach to our solutions with the customers
- Strong participation in creating new professional end user segments/accounts and developing old ones on regional and country level
- Be responsible for ABLOY Brand responsibility at local market
- Ensure the Company's resources and efforts are focused on achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction, quality, profitability, productivity, efficiency, delivery, and safety
- Responsibility of sales growth and financial performance (P&L)
- Closely collaborate with the Abloy Finland organization and the ASSA ABLOY Canada finance organization
- Cooperate with ASSA ABLOY Canada organization to ensure alignment with Canadian strategy and organizational KPIs
- Be responsible for all aspects of the business, including the P&L, operational efficiency, customer interface, safety, regulatory compliance, etc.
- Attract, retain and develop talent of the team
- Dual reporting to Abloy International and ASSA BLOY Canada
- Located in Montreal, Canada
- A bachelor's degree in business management or related field; an MBA is preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in progressive roles leading sales and operations
- Must undergo a security investigation and be able to obtain Government of Canada security clearance
- A significant proven track record of sales and business development within the Professional End User market and System Integrator/Access Control market
- Comprehensive understanding of the value-sales process; building successful business cases; and the ability to translate user information into a compelling investment decision, leading to the closing of orders
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Self-motivated, and with the ability to plan and organize a demanding work load efficiently and effectively
- Proven leadership skills
- A demonstrated ability to manage operations and lead people.
- Experience working directly with customers in a transactional role such as sales, business development, etc.
- Demonstrated success in working in a sales matrix environment.
- Experience managing different functions, such as operations, sales, etc.
- Experience with P&L management.
- Fluently bilingual, an advantage
- Ability to travel extensively across Canada; ability to travel to the U.S. and internationally as required