As the Sales leader for the region and multiple territories, this position is expected to manage a Sales Team and support functions in a manner that maximizes profitable revenue while maintaining Lonely Planet's high expectation of integrity. This position will set regional strategy, recommend revenue budgets and forecasts, allocate accounts and forge relationships with key regional client and advertising agency stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have extensive sales leadership experience; senior relationships within advertising markets, strong interpersonal & presentation skills, be a tactful negotiator and have a proven track record of successfully managing a team that consistently achieves revenue targets.
The Managing Digital Sales Director (Pacific) position is open to those located on the West Coast USA.
- Achieve quarterly and annual individual and regional revenue targets.
- Manage & motivate the regional Sales team, to drive performance and deliver sales targets & revenue growth, consistent with margin expectations.
- Set regional sales strategies for the team and devise metrics and goals to hold the team accountable for meeting or exceeding targets.
- Develop and implement annual and quarterly business plans for the region.
- Identify global high end corporate partnership opportunities, lead commercial negotiations and own high value, key client relationships.
- Provide timely revenue forecasting to the Lonely Planet Senior Leadership team.
- Manage P&L requirements, working with the Director Sales Operations, including pre-sales & production costs, margins, regional expenditures, invoicing and payments.
- Collaborate with Global Operations teams and other business units, to oversee development and implementation of campaigns.
- Create an exceptional team learning environment and maintain ongoing responsibility for development of the regional Sales Team - including training, recruitment and performance management consistent with Lonely Planet requirements.
- Be the advocate for managed teams, ensuring they are communicated with consistently and have the necessary tools, materials and support to be successful and maximise regional potential.
- Oversee CRM records of all regional sales and prospecting activities including; sales calls, presentations, follow up activities and successfully closed deals - to maintain full transparency and accurate records.
- Create and implement market strategies, to raise the profile of Lonely Planet and maintain business relationships with advertisers & their agencies.
- Represent Lonely Planet at industry conferences, speaking engagements and client meetings.
- Identify trends through participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations and maintaining personal networks.
- Collaborate with fellow senior stakeholders in wider Lonely Planet Digital business, contributing to business strategy and future direction.
- Work towards Lonely Planet's wider company KPIs and uphold our commercial brand guidelines & editorial integrity.
- Extensive Advertising sales experience within digital media environments; including successfully managing and mentoring a team.
- Proven experience and track record of individual & team success in consistently achieving quarterly and annual advertising sales targets.
- Strong commercial acumen and experience, with the ability to find & close a deal, generate repeat business and negotiate contracts.
- Confident presenter with excellent verbal and written presentation skills.
- Existing senior level relationships with high quality clients & media buyers at leading clients and advertising agencies. Proven proactive networking approach.
- Experience of working in an environment requiring sound judgement to balance between the needs of the business and client requests.
- Ability to be a collaborative manager and strong influencer with superior interpersonal skills and strong business acumen.
- Global leadership experience and shown ability to adapt management style to achieve success with local markets.
- Ability to build & lead a team with an ambitious spirit, positive attitude, and passion for the business. Works with autonomy, needing little guidance.
- Adaptability and proven resilience within a constantly evolving business environment.
- Collaborative and flexible approach to problem solving.
- Flexibility, willingness to travel and ability to participate in required out of hours activities as needed in the course of business.
- Appreciation of Lonely Planet's unique market strengths and experience of working for a brand with a strong editorial policy and brand principles.
- Proficient in Salesforce including reporting and forecasting functions. IT literate with Google Suite products.
- A passion for travel and the experiences it fosters.