Toshiba Memory America, Inc. is seeking a corporate attorney with experience representing companies for a highly visible role in the Company’s legal department. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, this attorney will perform and manage a broad spectrum of corporate and transactional legal work, including: working with the commercial teams to review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements; collaborating with other members of the legal team on various strategic initiatives; and enhancing the strength of the Company through proactive compliance, corporate governance and human resources related advice. In addition, this attorney will manage a group of professionals that support the contract and purchasing functions.
- Build strong relationships with company executives, sales, services and product teams to draft, review, negotiate, and interpret a wide range of commercial agreements in support of various company departments, including confidentiality agreements, vendor/supplier contracts, OEM agreements, consulting agreements, master service agreements, manufacturing agreements, and licensing agreements.
- Support corporate and strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions.
- Provide advice and counsel on California corporate law and general corporate governance matters.
- Draft and review materials to be provided to the Board of Directors and its committees and draft meeting minutes.
- Draft and review amendments to governance documents, corporate policies, and committee charters.
- Assist in the management of the Company’s corporate subsidiaries and miscellaneous compliance matters.
- Manage the Contract Administration and Purchasing teams.
- Continuously improve yourself and the legal department by identifying and implementing improvements in processes, forms and operations.
- Respond promptly to requests from internal clients, and summarize and communicate legal risks in a way that business people can understand that pragmatically balances risk with the Company’s business objectives.
- Keeping informed of new laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting the Company, and assisting with the development of policies and training as needed.
- Provide leadership on cross-functional teams, identify legal issues, and provide legal options/analysis of possible legal solutions, all while interacting with external counsel, advisors, external vendors, and business partners.
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s products, services and business model.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate form agreements.
- 10+ years’ experience in legal practice, preferably with a combination of a large law firm and in-house experience.
- Significant experience working as a corporate attorney and providing legal advice on a broad set of general corporate matters, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience in leading and motivating a team of professionals.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the capacity to simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under deadline pressure.
- Strong demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Ability to form strong working relationships with other employees and partners while maintaining firm adherence to proper legal standards.
- Responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Excellent leadership skills, including an ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines for a large volume of assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Sound business judgment and strategic thinking. Flexibility and an interest in working on a broad variety of legal matters in order to understand and advise the Company on legal implications of its business strategy.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
Law Degree from a nationally recognized law school and member of the California state bar.
Req # 1680