Navigant seeks Managing Consultants for various and unanticipated worksites throughout the US (Headquarters Chicago, IL) to:
- Manage large-scale projects to address business issues, strategy development, financial, operational and business planning for the healthcare industry.
- Manage day-to-day client relationships and anticipate project scope and budget issues.
- Provide client-side project management to synthesize research and analysis into strategic recommendations for clients, including 5 and 10 year strategic plans aligning internal capabilities and facilities’ local & national market requirements.
- Define service line planning strategies to propel focused growth in healthcare services such as cardiovascular, orthopedic, pediatric, women’s health.
- Design consumer engagement strategies to promote in-network steerage for high-value providers.
- Design deal strategies, manage transaction processes and perform due diligence analyses for healthcare companies/systems in support of M&As, divestitures, and investments; estimate potential synergies in merger/combination vs stand-alone (status quo).
- Establish work plan, resource needs, deadlines, budget and appropriate methodologies to optimize profitability of projects.
- Create long-range financial plans and financial metrics and tracking for healthcare companies and systems incorporating impact of utilization, demographic, regulatory, operational changes, clinical and operational benchmarking, and IT budget-spend strategies.
- Serve as subject matter expert in developing alternative value based care models, medical management systems design and operations (utilization review, medical management, case management) to identify opportunities of lowering cost and increasing quality of care delivered.
- Design and develop Exchange products, Medicare Advantage and consumer directed health plans.
- Evaluate managed care contract payment and contract terms and benchmarking with market standards and best practices.
- Review and present client deliverables with C-suite personnel.
- Oversee the quality of the team’s work products: data mining and analysis, competitive and pipeline analysis, forecast modeling and revenue projections and pricing analyses, patient engagement.
- Train and mentor junior staff on various healthcare consulting tools, templates, frameworks.
- Develop healthcare provider business, identify new opportunities, participate in sales cycle.
- Identify add-on sales opportunities in ongoing projects.
- Assist in pitching Navigant’s capabilities to new clients and design supporting documents to respond to client RFP’s.
- Provide input to performance management of junior staff.
- Technical Environment: SAS, STATA, SQL, SPSS, Excel.
- Master’s degree in Management or Health Policy/Administration (Master’s degree in Business with specialization in Health Enterprise Management also acceptable) plus two years of experience in the job offered or in healthcare consulting or Bachelor’s degree in Management or Health Policy/Administration (Bachelor’s degree in Business with specialization in Health Enterprise Management also acceptable) plus five years of experience in healthcare consulting required.
- Skills Required: designing deal strategies, managing transaction processes, due diligence analyses, merger integration planning and implementation for US healthcare provider M&A projects; estimating potential synergies in health system merger/combination vs stand-alone (status quo); financial analysis, including detailed long-range financial plans and financial metrics/tracking for healthcare providers; devising 5 and 10 year strategic plans aligning internal capabilities and facilities’ local & national market requirements (hiring/personnel goals, operating expenses, inpatient/outpatient service requirements, acute/post-acute service requirements); defining service line planning strategies to propel growth in healthcare services (cardiovascular, orthopedic, pediatric, women’s health); developing healthcare IT budget-spend strategy; designing consumer engagement strategies to promote in-network steerage for high-value providers; developing alternative value-based healthcare models (ACOs, CINS, bundled payments); healthcare product design and development (exchange products, Medicare Advantage, consumer directed health plans); medical management design and operations (utilization review, medical management, case management) to identify opportunities to lower cost / increase quality of care delivered; project managementexperience including managing work plan, staffing, deadlines, budget; business development with healthcare providers including identifying new opportunities, participation in sales cycle; SAS, STATA, SPSS, SQL.
- Up to 60% travelrequired.