Managing Consultant - Performance Excellence Physician Services
This role can be based in any of the following locations: Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Denver, CO; New York, NY; San Francisco, Ca; Tampa, FL; or Washington, DC
This person will be play a critical role within the Physician Services practice by participating in various projects including: operational assessments and performance improvement initiatives; physician operations and business plan development and validation; network assessment, strategy development and execution support; physician engagement, leadership, and governance; provider compensation design and implementation; clinical and administrative workflow analysis and design; market research, analysis and forecasting; practice management system and EHR system implementation and support. This role will also provide services around Physician-Hospital integration and affiliation issues including clinical, operational and revenue cycle assistance with merging, integrating and stabilizing practice operations.
The Managing Consultant will assume complete ownership of key project tasks within larger engagements (including development and presentation of key findings and recommendations); financial pro forma development, revenue cycle and other financial benchmarking, senior level physician and administrative interviews; primary and secondary research regarding related market trends and case studies affecting operational, revenue cycle and associated system issues. As a Managing Consultant within the Physician Services workstream, s/he will be responsible for organizing project teams and schedules and for carrying out substantial business analyses and delivering high quality, client-ready work.
Other key duties include assistance in proposals, project budgets and collateral marketing and sales support materials for the Performance Excellence Business Unit, the Physician Services practice, and related Directors and Managing Directors. Managing Consultants must be able to accept responsibility and manage priorities from multiple project managers at the same time, with effective communication of progress updates and need for additional input and/or direction to ensure on time and on budget delivery of requiredsupport activities.
Because Navigant is committed to developing its practice from within, Managing Consultants are expected to contribute to the evolution of the firm as well as recruiting. As our clients are often large, complex healthcare systems and integrated or private physician organizations, Managing Consultants must demonstrate considerable poise and business maturity to perform effectively and add value in the client environment.
- MBA/MHA/MPH preferred
- Healthcare provider or fellowship experience and/or education is strongly desired
- Previous healthcare consulting experience is preferred
- Must have working knowledge of basic physician practice operations, physician compensation, and general healthcare market trends
- Ability to complete financial benchmarking; plus have prior physician practice operations benchmarking and financial modeling
- Working understanding of varying primary care and subspecialty physician training and respective medical practice support requirements is desired
- Strong knowledge of and application of healthcare research resources
- Understanding of basic federal regulatory principles is desired
- Understanding of market/financial analysis in context of healthcare provider needs
- Strong quantitative skills a must
- Must be able to demonstrate written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A strategic problem solver
- PowerPoint and Excel skills are a must, Access skills desired
- Travel is required (80%)
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Able to travel via airplane with minimal assistance to client sites across the US and potentially internationally
- Usually remains stationary for the majority of the day
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data