Managing Consultant - Life Science
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Managing Consultants (MCs) areresponsible for managing projects from cultivation to completion. MCs manage the activities of thedesignated project team and support the day to day management of the client relationship. MCs are expected to effectively develop and manage work plans,staffing,deadlines andbudgets and are expected to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Work products are expected to be high quality and client ready. MCs lead team meetings and guide, manage, and coach Consultants and Senior Consultants, providing constructive feedback on their project participation and overallcareer development. MCs work closely with Directors and Managing Directors to keep them abreast of project progress and important developments. MCs take part in sales initiatives and Practice development. Travel is project dependent but averages20 percent. Navigant encouragescareer development and hiring for the long term. Managing Consultants follow a clearly defined career path. As Managing Consultants hone theirproject management skills, ability to manage multiple work streams, professional expertise, and client and business development skills, they progress to the position ofAssociate Director. .
- Qualified candidates must have four or more years of life science consulting experience or six or more years of relevant industry experience, preferably in some internal consulting, market research, and/or business development capacities.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should be excellent project managers, strong team players, take initiative, and think strategically and creatively.
- MBA or PhD, in a science-related field, is preferred.
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Able to travel via airplane with minimal assistance to client sites across the US and potentially internationally
- Usually remains stationary for the majority of the day
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data