Managing Consultant - Information Technology
8 - 10 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
As a division of Korn Ferry International, Futurestep provides its employees with a truly global opportunity to work with the leading clients, tools, technologies and experts in the talent industry.
Futurestep is a creative and highly energetic environment – one in which we look to each other to innovate new solutions not only for our clients but for ourselves too. Open and collaborative with a borderless mentality, this is a workplace where expertise is shared with colleagues around the globe. We are committed to delivering client service excellence and a high performance culture for our employees and teams.
We are an ambitious and inclusive company where everyone is empowered to contribute. Integrity is a fundamental part of our culture; we believe that how you deliver business outcomes is as important as driving results. We work in a fast-moving, dynamic industry where change is the only constant and flexibility is the key to success.
As a Managing Consultant within our North American Information Technology Search practice you will be responsible for managing the full life-cycle recruitment process for designated IT clients. In this role, you will build a trusted advisor relationship with clients which includes, understanding their business, culture and talent acquisition needs; sourcing, screening and managing candidates through the interview process; and as the subject matter expert, provide consultative guidance and advice on recruitment best practices. You will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to provide additional recruitment services to existing and new clients.
The Managing Consultant will play a leading role and be responsible for executing in several core areas in our talent agenda, including:
- Work with hiring managers to scope search project by obtaining information that clearly defines the specifics of the job including the responsibilities, requirements, compensation, company culture, etc.
- Lead and develop comprehensive targeted recruitment strategies, in tandem with Talent Access team of Recruiters and Researchers, for qualified candidates via heavy cold calling and direct sourcing, database mining, client referrals, local advertising, networking, professional communities, etc.
- Effectively evaluate candidate qualifications by conducting thorough interviews.
- Successfully communicate each candidate’s experience and qualifications for the opportunity and advise client on candidate background, expertise and career potential
- Manage and negotiate both the selection and offer process including but not limited to, candidate compensation, benefits, relocation, and pre-close of the candidate.
- Manage recruitment life-cycle from search kick-off through closure to ensure “time to fill” goals are achieved.
- Develop, drive and manage strong business relationships with clients to ensure successful placements and guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Drive new business with existing customers and prospects and develop relationships with Korn/Ferry Executive Search by working with them to grow business with key customer accounts.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with candidates by providing superior candidate care including clearly defining position requirements and recruiting process, timely updates on progress, interview preparation and debriefing.
- Work closely with Project Coordinator to ensure interviews are scheduled and confirmed in a timely manner, applicant tracking system compliance and that all HR and/or recruiting-related correspondence are sent to candidates.
- Responsible for identifying and leveraging new recruitment sources.
- Provide project updates to management, client contacts and stakeholders and escalate issues in a timely fashion.
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of overall business experience
- 5+ years of experience as a full cycle IT recruiter
- 5+ years of candidate sourcing methodologies through traditional and creative channels
- 5+ years of conducting in-depth competency & behavioral based interviews and evaluating candidate profiles
- 5+ years of experience displaying a consultative mindset and the ability to anticipate client needs & strategies as well as candidate management
- 5+ years of experience of showing proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel and Outlook
- 3+ years of Business Development/Account management experience
- 3+ years of multi-tasking abilities and managing various recruitment projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10+ years of business experience
- 8+ years of experience as a full cycle IT recruiter with experience to include cold calling, developing search strategies and client/candidate management
So why not learn more about everything we have to offer? World-famous clients, innovative services, talented colleagues, continuing growth… you’ll find all this and more at Futurestep.
Korn Ferry is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Req Number: KFINT04749