This role can be based in any of the following locations: Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; Tampa, FL; Denver, CO; Washington, DC; Seattle, WA; Indianapolis, IN; New York, NY.
- The Navigant Consulting Healthcare Performance Excellence candidate will have experience in the healthcare industry, preferably in the area of performance improvement within Hospitals, Health Plans or Physician Groups. Specifically, the successful candidate will have expertise in manipulating data using Excel, Access and other spreadsheets, coordinating team work products, and the ability to lead teams.
- Works with client and NCI teams to assess and implement supply chain improvement and savings opportunities focused on non-labor expense in the hospital environment.
- Actively establishes and maintains a professional customer sensitive rapport with Supply Chain colleagues, the Medical Staff, Nursing staff, staff of all other hospital departments, patients and visitors
- Promotes collaboration with clinical leadership to facilitate clinical procurement decision-making in an effective and efficient manner
- Establishes strategy for the clinical cost management consistent with Supply Chain goal and objectives
- Utilizes benchmarking to evaluate effectiveness of product prices
- Monitors and interprets relevant cost metrics
- Supports data-driven, clinically-lead value analysis processes
- Simultaneously manages several projects without compromising quality and effectiveness of Supply Chain strategy
- Investigates, develops and prepares analysis and feasibility studies related to evaluation topics
- Professionally presents these topics to those within and outside healthcare organization
- Responds to inquiries from faculty, medical staff, students, outside agencies; including vendors, requiring interpretation and explanation of medical supply policies and procedures or clinical outcomes
- Provides education to other consultants regarding clinical supply chain consulting principles and tactics
- Routinely provides project management as assigned.
- Completes analyses, documentation, presentations and reports as assigned
- Assists with sales presentations.
- Develop project budgets and engagement staffing requirements
- Mentors and coaches new staff as assigned
- Minimum Bachelors - or Masters is preferred
- Minimum 7-10+ year’s progressively more responsible direct supervisory experience in a Nursing, other clinically related settings, as well as experience in non-clinical areas
- Previous consulting experiencepreferred
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to work in challenging situations
- Demonstrated ability to leading successful teams, and manage conflict
- Ability to complete projects on tight time-lines in accordance with established budgets with attention to detail and follow through
- Assures high quality work by taking advantage of learning opportunities and self-motivated
- Excellent communication (both written and oral)
- Communicates effectively and demonstrates leadership role with physicians, clinicians, administrators, colleagues and fellow Supply Chain staff
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Able to travel via airplane with minimal assistance to client sites across the US and potentially internationally
- Usually remains stationary for the majority of the day
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data